This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Wintertime is upon us, which means cozy sweaters and the perfect hot vanilla latte. But for many of us, it also means our skin is in total meltdown mode. With harsh winter winds, frosty temperatures and lower moisture levels in the air, our skin can easily become dehydrated. As a result of being exposed to these extreme elements, we often want to turn up our heater or take hot showers. Unfortunately, these acts can exacerbate dryness and lead to stubborn dry patches. Here’s the good news: With ingredients like squalane, hyaluronic acid, and even snail mucin — you’re bound to find a product that works for you in this list.

Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Face Cleanser 

Alba Botanica, walmart.com, $8; 

A good skincare routine starts with a great cleanser! This little number from Alba Botanica is gentle yet effective at alleviating dry patches. The pineapple enzymes work to “eat away” at any dead skin that may be sitting on the surface. Pair this with your favorite SPF product to reap all the benefits. This is a great addition to your shelfie space, and it won’t break the bank. What more could you ask for?

Hada Labo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist

Hada Labo, amazon.com, $12; 

Toners are usually great for restoring the pH in your skin after cleansing and can sometimes provide a little exfoliation. Japanese toners have revolutionized the category. For those of you that have never tried a Japanese toner, they are often called lotions instead of toner, and they can do anything from exfoliation to moisturizing. This one from Hada Labo does an outstanding job of hydrating the skin. It features not one, but three different forms of hyaluronic acid — all designed to help make your skin feel supple before you even apply your day cream. All you need is a pea-sized amount after cleansing!

CosRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

CosRX, ulta.com, $21;

As our skin gets sluggish, we sometimes need thicker serums or essences to perk it up. If you haven’t heard of snail mucin before — it’s basically the sticky, slimy substance that snails secrete. As gross as it sounds — it turns out the stuff is incredibly effective at healing the skin. Snail mucin is full of hydrating, restorative ingredients like hyaluronic acid and antimicrobial and copper peptides — all of which contribute to that perfect ‘glass skin’ glow. And don’t worry, CosRX is cruelty-free so no snails are harmed in the goo process! Apply this bad boy right before moisturizer, and your skin will thank you.

The Ordinary 100% Plant Derived Squalane Oil

The Ordinary, ulta.com, $8;

If you’ve never heard of The Ordinary before, they’re an amazing skincare brand that specializes in “clinical formulations with integrity.” Squalane, in general, mimics the skin’s natural oils, which makes it a great addition to any moisturizer. But that’s not all — you can slather this stuff anywhere from your hair as a heat protectant to the cuticles on your toes. And at $8 a bottle, it’s a winter steal!

Innisfree Youth-Enriched Eye Cream

Innisfree, innisfree.com, $29; 

Don’t forget about the eyes! A great way to hide the fact that you haven’t slept a full eight hours since college began is to add in a hydrating, preventative eye cream. Innisfree’s Youth-Enriched Eye Cream is formulated with jeju orchid, which blooms even in harsh winter climates — making it a great choice to address early signs of aging and dryness.

Weleda Skin Food Cream

Weleda, ulta.com, $13; 

Here it is. The ‘One-Man-Army’ skincare product. If you’re not into a skincare routine that has several steps, consider picking this up at your local Ulta Beauty. Touted as a dupe for that super expensive face cream we’ve all heard about, this stuff is one of the best moisturizers for extremely dry skin. A little bit of this ultra-rich cream goes a long way, and the best part? You can use it anywhere! Keep one in your dorm room and one in your bag.

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Laneige, sephora.com, $20; 

The area that tends to suffer from dryness first is the lips. If you’ve got a graveyard in your drawer of lip balms that don’t work, you may need something a little more intense. Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask, which comes in three different flavors, works to hydrate and smooth your lips as you sleep. You can also wear this during the day if you’re in need of some serious TLC.

Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask – Hydrating

Farmacy, sephora.com, $6; 

Last, but not least is the Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Masks. These are perfect for Self-Care Sundays and can easily be thrown in your travel bag. Soaked with ingredients like coconut water, cucumber extract, and hyaluronic acid, these masks will give your skin the extra burst of hydration it didn’t know it needed. These sheet masks are also gel-based, so you can wear them all while doing your morning yoga routine without risk of it falling off. Now, that’s multitasking!

As you fill up your shopping cart, remember that skincare is not one size fits all. Be sure to patch test any new products you try out to ensure seamless integration into your routine. Happy Moisturizing!

Michigan State University Chemistry student. Beauty Enthusiast. Future Cosmetic Chemist. Korean Skincare Addict. I love cats, video games, and baking!
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!