8 ways to get a workout in!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As the semester is progressing, everyone’s schedule is getting busier and busier. Between the tests and papers there leaves little time to work out. To ward the winter weight we’ve come up with some quick ways anyone can fit in their schedule.

1. Park Further away on errands: When at the grocery store don’t waste time finding the closest spot, park further away to get a few extra steps in. 
  2. Take the stairs whenever possible: It’s always easier to catch the elevator but whenever possible choose the stairs.
  3. Skip the drive through: Going to get your coffee, running to the bank – catch a few extra steps by skipping the drive through
  4. Work out while you study: Do push ups over your text books, and chair squats in front of your notes
  5. Find short but effective workouts: Work out routines like the Tabata Training take less than 15 minutes to complete and are easy to fit in.
  6. Make games out of daily life: While a commercial is on see how many crunches you can do, jog in place while cooking dinner.
  7. Schedule gym time like it’s a class: Write it on your calendar and make a concrete plan for it. 
  8. Make the most of your time at the gym: Apps like Study Blue let you look up notecards and notes. Instead of watching TV while on the treadmill study.

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis