This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

These days I’ve been scouring the internet trying to find new bakeries and cafes. As a small business supporter, I love finding the hidden gems around my community and helping others. My search for good food recently took a turn when I began looking for some online clothing retailers. Through my search, I found many amazing online retailers, but I took note of a couple of woman-owned stores that really piqued my interest. So, here are five woman-owned online retailers to support today!

Cara Cara

I absolutely fell in love with Cara Cara. From clothing to home goods and everything in between, this online retailer finds its merchandise from indie brands and then “off-prices” them. This means they have lots of fairly priced items. I will admit some articles of clothing may be on the expensive side, but most of their merchandise is quite affordable. There’s a cute pair of pants that I have my eye on and shipping within the US is free for orders $30 and above. Go check them out today!

The Royal Bee Yarn Company

I used to knit a lot when I was younger; these days it’s harder to find the time to knit but this company makes me want to start all over again. They have a brick and mortar store in California,  but they also sell: yarn, yarn kits, accessories, and needles online. If you’re located in the Pacifica, California region; you can even attend their classes or events! They focus on providing a diverse and safe space for all while selling eco-friendly yarn. Definitely a win-win situation.

Morningtide

Run by two friends, this little store focuses on the artisan community by selling goods created by local independent artists. They have a store in Albany, California, but they also sell a wide array of merchandise online. They even have the Morningtide Loop: you can resell your gently used clothes to promote recycling and sustainability. It’s a great store if you’re looking for something special for your living space or a gift for a friend. 

Mulberry And Grand

Five words: cute New York-based boutique. This company sells jewelry, clothes, accessories and personalized items. With multiple locations around the US and a strong online presence, they create a fun environment by selling cute items for accessible prices. They even have a 15% student discount! It’s the best place to find some new closet essentials. 

Casita Del Pueblo

You’re going to fall in love with Casita Del Pueblo. They aim to bring culture and art together by hosting events at their store in California and through their online store. They sell clothes, accessories, and art with a unique style. Shopping with them is a great way to participate in a vibrant community. 

There are so many more stores all around the US for you to explore. Shopping small is a great way to engage in a community. I hope this inspires you to look into more small businesses in your own city. Happy shopping! 

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.