5 Things that Scare All MSU Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

1. Finals

Everyone has pretty strong feelings about finals, no matter what university you’re at. Finals are stressful. They call for 24/7 studying, no sleep and lots of coffee. No one likes losing out on their weekly times of relaxation. No one likes being obscenely stressed. No one likes finals.

2. CATA Shutting Down

How would we get to class during winter or when its raining or when we’re running late?! CATA provides us with much-needed transportation. If you’re a freshman, how would you get from Brody to your ISS class in East Neighborhood? Or from Akers to Grand River? If CATA shut down, our feet would definitely be hurting walking from one side of campus to the other.

3. Never-Ending Winter

Michigan winters can be brutal — the snow, the cold, the people who don’t know how to drive. For many of us at MSU, a never-ending winter would be a death sentence. This fear can be confirmed when it hits 60 degrees in March, and everyone comes out in shorts and short-sleeved shirts. We’re ready for warmer weather after our seemingly never-ending winters.

4. Izzo Leaving

We love our basketball. We love our annual campout. And we, without a doubt, love Tom Izzo. Izzo has been with us since 1995. He is the center of our basketball program. He has led us to many wins, and our student section even bares his name. Izzo leaving, which will unfortunately happen eventually, will overwhelm our campus with sadness.

5. Conrad’s Closing

We’re still coping from the closing of Conrad’s Grand River location. But our favorite every-meal-of-the-day place closing for good? That would mean no more wraps after 2 a.m. That would mean no more late night ordering while studying for midterms or finals. It’s a shock to us when someone says they haven’t had Conrad’s. Frankly, it’s a staple. What would we do without it?

Michigan State University Class of 2020 Psychology & Neuroscience Major on the Pre-Med Track Lover of coffee, dogs and croissants Michigan Native
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian