This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Black Friday can either be a day you look forward to or a day you regret after you check your bank account. To make the most out of your Black Friday, be sure to follow these five simple steps!

Make a List 

From the beginning of the year, start an ongoing list of expensive items that you want to buy. By making a list, you can be sure to get everything you want with the best deals and make sure you don’t overspend. You will be able to think twice about everything you buy without wasting money on temporary wants.

Look for Deals

To make sure you don’t overspend, look for deals ahead of time. Look on as many store websites as you can for the best Black Friday deals. On Black Friday, efficiency is key. 

Plan Out Your Time

You only have 24 hours to get the best deals of the year, so every second counts. You don’t want to waste time trying to decide where to go next or what else you need to buy. Planning out your time is the most important step to make the most out of Black Friday.

Assign Tasks 

If you are going with your family or friends, assigning each person tasks and stores to go to is the best way to save time and get more out of your day of stressful shopping. The more people you have, the better. Once again, saving time is key. By assigning tasks to each person, you save more time by avoiding losing precious time standing in lines.

Have a Budget 

It is so easy to be blinded by the deals on Black Friday and splurge. By keeping a budget after finding deals on the items you want to buy, you can avoid overspending on things that catch your eye at the moment. 

Black Friday can be the best and worst shopping day of the year. It all depends on how you plan out your day. To get the best out of your day, follow these five steps.

Happy Shopping!

I am a freshman at Michigan State University with a major in Human Biology. I plan to go to Michigan State University's medical school through the Osteopathic Medical Scholars Program to pursue a career in OBGYN. I love to dance, sing and play tennis. In my free time, I like to watch Netflix and take long naps. I am a Friends enthusiast and am fluent in Friends quotes.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!