EWC 3 Rep Imagejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
EWC 3 Rep Imagejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

5 Halloween Costumes That You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

This Halloween looks quite different from any other year. Hopefully, kids will be able to go out and get some candy, but we in college will most likely be at home with a few close friends — at least we should to #stopthespread. So here are a few costumes that you can wear for your movie night or handing out candy to neighborhood kids! 

Euphoria (Duh)

Euphoria was a show that completely shook the country with not only its storyline but its amazing costume design. Obviously, you could be one of the characters during the Halloween episode (i.e. Cassie as Alabama Whirley, Lexi as Bob Ross, or Jules as an Angel) or you could be one of the characters in their iconic outfits (i.e. Maddy at the fair, any of Jules’s outfits, etc.)

Dani as the Midsommer Queen

Midsommer exceeded all expectations at the box office with its horror folklore plot. The movie is not recommended for people with squeamish stomachs, but the costume design is magnificent. Dani as the Midsommer queen in all of her flowers is one the most beautiful cinematic scenes ever and would be a perfect costume for all of the over-the-top Halloween fans.

Elle Woods

The Princess of Harvard! This costume will have you drowning in pink but you will look superb. Elle Woods knows everything about fashion so this costume will be a hard look to live up to, but Kim Kardashian took it on one year and so can you!

Cher (Clueless)

Of course Cher will make this list. Her iconic yellow plaid outfit will have you looking amazing. Don’t forget to consult your in closet outfit customizer though!

Cowgirl

The cutest costume ever! An idea: a denim skirt/ flare jeans, leopard or cowprint top, cowboy boots, and of course a cowboy hat covered in sparkles. That’s just a style guide — you can put your own spin on it. 

However you spend your Halloween, look cute while you do it. Use these five style icons for inspiration!

I am a Freshman at MSU, majoring in Political Science (Prelaw) and Psychology. I am also an intern with PIRGIM and love to play Water Polo.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.