toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Disney Channel Halloween Movies to Binge-Watch This October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With Halloween swiftly approaching, it’s the perfect time for a spooky movie marathon! If you’re anything like me, you aren’t a big fan of scary movies. Here’s a list of the best Disney Channel original Halloween movies to get you in the spirit— without causing too much scare.

Halloweentown (1998)

If you’re a ‘90s or early 2000’s baby, you’ll definitely remember watching this one. “Halloweentown” is everything a Disney channel movie should be: cheesy and magical. The movie follows a family of three witches and their non-magical brother as they try to save Halloweentown. The best part is… there are three more movies in the series to binge!

Twitches (2005)

This is a personal favorite— and one that’s sure to get you in the Halloween mood. “Twitches” follows two twin sisters who also happen to be witches (hence the name) as they use their magic to save their kingdom.

Girl vs. Monster (2012)

When Skylar finds out she is a fifth-generation monster hunter, the monsters are out to stop her from fulfilling her fate. The original song by China Anne McClain will definitely get you in a spooky mood.

Mostly Ghostly (2008)

Max discovers that his basement is haunted by two ghosts, whom he promises to help find eternal rest. This movie is filled with fun and just the right amount of spooky.

Hocus Pocus (1993)

While it’s technically a Disney studio movie, “Hocus Pocus” gives me major nostalgia for my childhood. After Max mistakenly frees a coven of witches, he and his friends must steal the witches’ book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal. It’s a classic Halloween movie that completes any spooky movie marathon!

Happy Halloween, and happy bingeing!

My name is Brynn and I am a freshman at MSU. I am apart of the MSU synchronized skating team and I love to read, write and watch Netflix.
Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.