5 Costume Ideas for a Quarantine Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

With quarantine keeping us all locked away in our homes, it is hard to celebrate Halloween as it should usually be celebrated! However, there is no need to lose the Halloween spirit! Dressing up is probably the most enjoyable part of Halloween! You can celebrate your Quarantine Halloween with so many comfortable and fun costumes this year!

Netflix and Chill

This is a cute idea for couples or best friends! This is a DIY costume idea that is quarantine themed! All you need to do is get two crewnecks (one red and one blue) and with white fabric markers or white paint, write “Netflix” on one and “Chill” on the other! You can wear this over black leggings with red and blue socks or over black jeans! Add a red or blue hat and there’s a cute and comfortable costume for your Quarantine Halloween!

Zoom University Student

All school and college students know the struggles of Zoom University over quarantine. A fun Quarantine themed costume would be to dress up as a Zoom University student! Dress up formal/nice on top (wearing a formal/nice top) and wear sweatpants or pajama pants on the bottom! It’s a creative and comfortable costume for this Halloween!

Among Us Characters

Among Us has recently become the new craze for online gamers! The characters are so cute and meme-worthy and would make a very creative costume idea for this Halloween! All you would need to do is wear a single colored top and pants or jumpsuit and add some accessories to look just like the characters! You could even dress up as the character that you play with and get together with your group for halloween as your own characters!

Famous TikToker

TikTok has pretty much been the mascot of quarantine as people have nothing to do at home. Why not dress up as your favorite TikToker for halloween and recreate one of their famous TikToks? The options are endless and creating TikToks for Halloween could be a very fun activity with your friends and family!

Dalogna Coffee

Dolgona coffee has been my favorite quarantine drink for the past few months! Dressing up in an ombre beige and white dress or wearing white leggings with a cute beige top/hoodie could be an easy and comfortable costume for your Quarantine Halloween! If not Dolgona coffee, dress up as any other item you enjoyed over Quarantine! The options are endless!

Quarantine does not have to stop you from enjoying your Halloween! Use it as an inspiration for your creative costume ideas this year! Stay safe and have a great Halloween!

I am a freshman at Michigan State University with a major in Human Biology. I plan to go to Michigan State University's medical school through the Osteopathic Medical Scholars Program to pursue a career in OBGYN. I love to dance, sing and play tennis. In my free time, I like to watch Netflix and take long naps. I am a Friends enthusiast and am fluent in Friends quotes.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.