Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

5 Concerts Coming to Michigan this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Us Michiganders understand the struggle of many artists not coming to Michigan, or if they do come, performing somewhere near the vicinity of us; nonetheless, here are five of the most exciting shows coming to us in the summer of 2020!

No Shame Tour

Check out their music video for No Shame off of their upcoming album.

Who: 5 Seconds of Summer and The Band CAMINO

When: Saturday, August 22

Where: Sterling Heights at the Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre

For: Their upcoming album “CALM” which is set to release at the end of March.

How I’m Feeling Tour

Check out his music video for “For Now” off of the “~how i’m feeling~” album.

Who: Lauv with Maisie Peters and ROLE MODEL.

When: Tuesday, July 21

Where: Rochester Hills at the Meadow Brook Amphitheatre

For: The “~how i’m feeling~” album that came out this year.

Manic Tour

Check out her music video for “You should be sad” off of the “Manic” album.

Who: Halsey with CHVRCHES, and Omar Apollo.

When: Friday, June 26.

Where: Clarkston at the DTE Energy Music Theatre.

For: The “Manic” album that came out this year.

Sad Summer Fest

Check out this trailer released a few weeks ago for Sad Summer Fest.

Who: All Time Low with The Story So Far, Movements, The Maine, Yours Truly, Grayscale, and The Destroy Boys.

When: Friday, August 14.

Where: Pontiac at the Crofoot Festival Grounds.

For: As the headliners, All Time Low will be touring for the album “Wake up Sunshine” coming out in April, but will be playing songs from most of their previous albums. Some fan favorites, and some songs that they haven’t played live ever and some they haven’t placed much of.

Common Ground Music Festival

Check out this live version of “I Really Wish I Hated You” off of the “NINE” album.

Who: Blink 182 with The Used, Grandson, and The Legal Immigrants.

When: Friday, July 10th.

Where: Lansing at the Cooley Law School Stadium.

For: Since this is only one show, I feel as if Blink 182 will play a few songs off of NINE and then play mostly fan-favorites from the years and the supporting artists will probably do the same with playing a few newer songs and then their most popular ones.

This is nowhere near all of the artists that are coming to Michigan this summer, just some of the ones I’m most excited about and that you probably haven’t heard about (unless you’ve been following these artists closely). I already have tickets for Sad Summer Fest and Common Ground Music Festival, but I’ll surely be buying a few more after seeing who’s performing near me.

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!