Style

5 Accessories to Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day–notably the most romantic day of the year–is coming up on. Whether you plan on staying in or going out, we know that looking (and feeling) your best is super important on a holiday like this. Do you have an outfit picked out, but feel like it needs a little umph? Here are five kinds of accessories that can elevate (and help celebrate) your Valentine’s Day look. 

1. A Decorated Headband

We’re going full Blair Waldorf with this one. Headbands are seriously overlooked and make the perfect accessory for any romantic outfit. Try this pink one for a soft touch of chic femininity

2. An Eye-Catching Purse 

If you’re not typically an accessory person, this Valentines add on is for you. If you’re looking to show your love for this holiday, go for the traditional heart-shapes purse. If you’re more of an incognito mode, opt in for something pink and quilted.

3. Romantic Shoes

Now, we know that shoes are not technically classified as an accessory, but this key component can add something new to your look. Try these heart embellished jelly shoes for a super casual feel.

4. Jewelry

Adding jewelry is an easy, fun way to elevate your outfit. And no, we don’t mean tacky. Veer away from those silver/gold god awful pieces and the local jewelry counters and stick with a piece you can wear all year round, like this gold tangled heart necklace.

5. A Festive Nail Look

Everyone knows how important it is for your nails to match your outfit–so why not consider it an accessory? Get yourself a fresh set of acrylic nails to match this Valentines Day!

Alexia is a sophomore at Michigan State University studying Creative Advertsing with a minor in Public Relations. She dreams of pursuing a career within the fashion industry after her graduation in 2023.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.