Style

4 Cozy Winter Coats You’ll Want to Buy Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Chic outerwear is my favorite part of winter fashion. More specifically, I love cute winter coats. Not only are proper winter coats vital in surviving the blistering weather, but they can also add that finishing touch to your outfit. Your coat comes with you wherever you go — from class to your favorite coffee shop — and can be pricey, so it is important to find one that makes you happy and fits your style. So, here are 4 versatile coats that are sure to keep you warm and stylish all winter long.

Puffer Coats

Puffer coats are a classic. They are essentially the mobile version of your comforter, and are available in a variety of lengths and thicknesses. Not only do they fit with practically any outfit, but they will keep you toasty all day, making your walk to class in 30 degree weather a little less painful.

Long Top Coats

These are a staple— a basic that can be paired with any outfit to easily add a dash of class. You can find these in a variety of fabrics, colors, and prints to fit the weather and your style. Perfect for a night out or tricking your classmates into thinking you put some effort into dressing nicely for your 8 a.m.

Teddy/ Faux Fur Coat

It makes sense that these beloved teddy coats have been trendy for the last two years because they are stylish and make you feel like you are cuddling with an actual teddy bear. They can be paired with anything, from your favorite sweatpants to a chunky sweater.

Moto Jacket

Moto jackets are edgy, cool, and unbelievably warm. The faux fur interior makes you feel like you are snuggling with your favorite blanket, and will keep you content as you channel your inner biker girl.

No longer are winter coats purely about warmth. With these equally fashionable and practical coats, you will be ready to take on the winter in style.

Ri'An is a third-year student at Michigan State University majoring in Journalism with minors in Public Relations and Creative Writing. She loves writing and ties it to her passions in fashion, beauty, and wellness. Outside of writing for HerCampus, you can find Ri'An in a coffee shop reading her current favorite novel or Elle magzine.
Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.