Aritzia REP Imagejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Aritzia REP Imagejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

3 Ways To Wear Patones 2021 Colors of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Pantone has revealed their 2021 colors of the year: Ultimate Grey and Illuminate (an eye-catching yellow. “PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating is a bright and cheerful yellow sparkling with vivacity, a warming yellow shade imbued with solar power. PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray is emblematic of solid and dependable elements which are everlasting and provide a firm foundation,” writes Patone on their website. 

So you may be wondering, how does this color choice impact the fashion industry? Pantone’s color of the year has influenced palette choices as well as design industries such as fashion, interior design, and product packaging. To get a step ahead in the trends, here are a couple of ways to wear Patones 2021 Colors of the Year:

Wear Illuminate as a Staple Piece

Illuminates’ neutral tone makes it the perfect pop of color. A slick blazer, chic handbag, or a pair of eye-catching pieces are perfect to reach for. Pair your pop of color with a complementary blue or a supplementary green. 

Create an Ultimate Grey Monotone Look

As a cool neutral, Ultimate Grey is a great neutral to dress in from head to toe. Try a grey sweater with a matching satin skirt for the winter and opt for grey biker shorts and a distressed grey band tee in the summer.

Mix Them Together for a Contrasting Look

How about we let Pantone take the wheel for this one. Though this color combination might not be one we’d usually gravitate for, the colors work well together in an interesting way where one does not overpower, instead, they complement each other. Let the yellow take over during spring and summer while allowing the grey to dominate in the fall and winter. 

Alexia is a sophomore at Michigan State University studying Creative Advertsing with a minor in Public Relations. She dreams of pursuing a career within the fashion industry after her graduation in 2023.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.