This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

These artists are just a few of the many female artists that are creating work that explores the boundaries of female femininity as well as breaking down barriers that women have traditionally been put into. These three remarkable female artists use their artistic ability to spread awareness about issues they feel passionate about.  

1. Alja Horvat

From Urban Outfitters to Anthropologie, Alja is one of the more well-known artists on this list. Based in Slovenia, at just 23-years-old Alja has received multiple awards including Forbes 30 Under 30! I am especially inspired by her work because of the sheer feminine energy it brings.  While keeping up with school Alja has managed to create soft, thoughtful, unique and colorful light to a woman’s everyday life through her art.

1. Diane Dal-Pra

Diane Dal-Pra, an artist based in Paris, beautifully combines features of historic French art with her own modern take to create the images present in her work. What’s remarkable about her work is that she mixes in different aesthetics and ideas to create a harmony of colors in celebration of women encompassing their emotion, their shape and their essence. She captures the beauty and intimacy of the female relationships in her work by showcasing work influences by the early renaissance period.

3. Camila Rose 

Camila presents a new and unique approach to advocating for political change. In her work, you can see and feel the power and advocacy from the illustrations of women protesting to the bold images of women holding empowering messages. She presents her audience with the message that we as women take up space and can you use that space to make real differences in our communities. I have no doubt that this incredible Brazilian artist is inspiring the change she wants to see. 

Sarah Okeke is a Senior majoring in Genomics and Molecular Genetics with a minor in Sociology. While on the pre-med track, she hopes to go to Medical School when she graduates. She is passionate about activism and foreign service, but also loves to write about the things and products she loves. In her free time, she enjoys cooking, art, and spending time with family and friends!
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.