16 Things Spartans Have to be Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

MSU Dairy Store ice cream

With over 30 flavors, you can’t go wrong here. Dairy store ice cream is a must-have, whether you’re in need of a study break or just want to stop by between classes.

Crazy CATA bus drivers

It’s cute when people try chasing after CATA buses, thinking they’ll stop for them… Spoiler alert: they won’t. Watch out for these bad boys, as they’re not afraid to put the pedal to the metal.

Professors that cancel class the week before thanksgiving

Makin’ us feel #blessed. MSU professors are the best.

Conrad’s Grill

Because if you haven’t had a Number One at Conrad’s, did you really go to MSU? These wraps stuffed with all things bad are oh so good.

Half-off Tuesday’s at Rick’s

Those who don’t have an early morning class on Wednesday can be found at Rick’s on Tuesday night.

Rama at The Riv

Who wouldn’t be thankful for $2.50 burger and fries and cheap pitchers of beer?!

Sparty

Don’t think he’s the best mascot ever? Think again.

Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio

The true dream team. Both have led our teams to greatness and let’s be real, MSU just wouldn’t be the same without this dynamic duo.

Chick-Fil-A in Okemos

Because the one by the mall in Lansing was just too far. Now we can go to Target, spend too much money and pick up some Chick-Fil-A on our way home.

Tailgating on game day

No one does tailgating like MSU. Walking around campus, seeing green and white everywhere, yelling, “Go white!” to total strangers and hearing their immediate, energetic reply, “Go green!” Game days are something else in EL.

The overachiever in your group project

There’s four main roles in every group project: the person that says they’ll help but doesn’t, the one that disappears in the beginning and then shows up on the final day, the one who has no idea what’s going on the entire time and the one that does 99 percent of the work. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Curves on exams

And we’re not just talking one or two points here. Those professors that curve exams by at least five points are the real MVP’s. Shout out to those who didn’t study for helping the rest of us out!

Old MSU students who put previous exams on Quizlet

Few things are better than the moment you Google a quiz question and find not just the answer, but the answer to every other question on a Quizlet set. It’s true: Spartans stand together.

A beautiful campus

Though it may take you 30 minutes to walk to class, the old architecture, the whispering trees and the ivy covered dorms will surely take your breath away and make the long hike not only bearable, but actually quite lovely.

Excellent academic programs

Consistently in the top ten for communication, supply chain management, education and more, MSU really is the place to be. Our rankings and recognitions page has so much on it that even we couldn’t get through it.

Multiple Starbucks on campus (a blessing and a curse)

Your bank account may be dwindling away, but it’s nice to know that you can always get your fix, whether it be a pumpkin spice latte, peppermint mocha or a matcha.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.