This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

1. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.  

2. Going to class is a little less difficult when you realize you’re in a whole other part of the world.

3. It’s the perfect chance to learn a new language.

4. You’ll learn so much, both inside and outside of the classroom.

5. You’ll meet so many new people and make new friends.  

6. You’ll become more independent and worldly.

7. It’ll probably look pretty good on a resume.

8. You get to be a student, tourist and resident of an international city all at once.

9. It’s an experience you’ll never forget.  

10. Tons of delicious new foods.

11. The cost might even be lower to study abroad than stay at home.  

12. You’ll experience a new style of education.  

13. Your friends will get jealous.  

14. It gives you a chance to get away from everyday life.  

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Bekkah Baldwin is a sophomore at Michigan State University and is still undeclared but thinking about majoring in Neuroscience or Psychology with a minor in German. She loves to write, loves her school, and loves the idea of giving young women an outlet for their voices to be heard. So HerCampus seemed like the perfect place for her. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys being the goofy person she is with her friends and watching Netflix (because who doesn't). Her favorite shows include Friends, Gilmore Girls, Parks and Rec and One Tree Hill. Reading is another hobby, as is writing the occasional FanFiction for some of her favorite 80s movies. During summer breaks she works at the movie theatre in her hometown, one of her favorite places in the world and finds herself eating popcorn and drinking slushies all day. She works as a tour guide at MSU and has never stopped being excited about having the opportunity to show off her awesome school. She's 50% German and tends to visit family in Europe once a year. She wants to study abroad for sure and travel the world long after her college days are over. College was a wonderful transition, a place where she instantly felt she belonged and found her best friends, and she can't wait to see what this year as part of the HerCampus team will bring. Go Green!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian