This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montevallo chapter.

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

Midterm season is finally upon us! No matter what year of school you’re in, midterms can be an exceptionally stressful time of year. After four years (and counting) of preparing for and taking midterms, I’ve compiled a list of organizational tips that I’ve found most helpful for getting through midterms with as little stress as possible. 

Write out all your due dates and keep them somewhere you’ll see them

There are lots of different ways to keep track of your due dates! I keep a sticky note on my laptop with all of my exams or assignments and their dates listed, bolded and underlined. 

I also keep a whiteboard hung in front of my desk where I can write which exams I have on which days so that it’s visible at all times. Keeping a planner is also a handy and portable tool for keeping up with due dates. 

Color coding in your planner can be done through small post-it notes, highlighters, or just different colored pens. Keeping a digital calendar on your phone or laptop also helps to always have quick and easy access to your exam details. 

Schedule out your days in advance

Just because it’s midterm season doesn’t mean that life stops for anyone. If you have other responsibilities for clubs, organizations, work, or even just an important appointment or errand to run, plan out your day ahead of time so that once you get everything done outside of school, you know you’ll have time set aside to focus on finishing assignments or studying for exams. 

Getting your tasks done early on in the day, if possible, allows for having the rest of the day to hunker down in your room, the library, a coffee shop, or anywhere that you find is easiest for you to focus on studying or getting your work done. 

Keep your notes together

If you’ve been writing your notes for the semester or have study guides on paper, make sure to keep all your paper notes together, either paperclipped, in a folder or your binder. 

Having them grouped by class helps with not having to scramble at the last second looking for them. Also, if your exam is not going to be cumulative, make sure you have all the notes you need with the information that is going to be on the exam.

If you’ve been writing your notes digitally, it’s a little bit easier to keep everything together by having them in a separate folder. I’d recommend keeping the folder on your desktop during the midterm week so that they’re always easily accessible for when you’re getting ready to study.

Prepare for test day 

Make sure you know what time your exam is, and which building or classroom you will be taking the exam in. Depending on what time your exam is scheduled for, give yourself ample time to eat a good breakfast, get ready, and get in those final hours of studying.

Having a plan and making sure you’re prepared will help you feel a lot more confident than if you scramble to get yourself together just a few minutes before exam time. It’s especially important to stay calm on test day so that your mind is clear and focused on whatever material you need to know.

If you have multiple exams in one day, refer back to tip #2 so that you know how much time you have in between exams, and how you can best prepare for the next one while still giving yourself time to eat, grab a coffee, or just give yourself a break. 

Stock up on supplies 

About a week before midterms begin, make sure you have everything you could need. Pens, pencils, paper, blue books, and snacks should always be kept on hand. If you need a portfolio folder, a blue book, or any other specific items for an exam, make sure that you have them in advance so that you’re not running down to the bookstore an hour before testing begins.

Sometimes your professor or classmates will have these items available for you to use on test day, but I still recommend being prepared ahead of time, just in case. Other items that I would recommend keeping handy include vitamins, Emergen-C, coffee or tea, a water bottle, mints or gum, a flash drive, and chargers for your cell phone, laptop, iPad, etc. Making a list of what you’ll need will also help you be sure you’re grabbing all the necessities! 

My new favorite product for when I’m feeling drowsy during exam week is Emergen-C Nutrient Shot Energy +. The caffeine is naturally derived from green tea and coffee fruit, so I feel ready to tackle the day. My favorite flavor is Pomegranate-Berry.

While it is beneficial to be organized during midterms, it’s also important to take care of your physical and mental health. As tempting as it may be to stay up studying all night, you’ll perform much better on test day if you make sure to get a decent amount of sleep. 

And even though it’s easier to grab some fast food and only chug infinite amounts of coffee, you’ll also feel better if you try to eat real meals and drink water. Don’t let getting organized and preparing for midterms prevent you from taking care of yourself this midterm season! 

Danielle Tetro is a graduate student at the University of Montevallo who is pursing her Master of Education in Counseling with a focus on Clinical Mental Health. She completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Montevallo in 2019 and received her Bachelor of Art in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Danielle hopes to work in a University setting counseling college students while continuing to write in her spare time. Danielle enjoys coffee, sushi, and dogs of all kind.
Julia Gigis is a Multimedia Journalism major at The University of Montevallo. She currently is a marketing intern for RFG Advisory and StrongHer Money. You probably know her as the girl that "dates without dating apps" on Tik Tok, generating over 6 million views and 59k+ followers. In her free time, Julia likes to brunch and take pretentious photos with lattes.