General Hero Images 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
General Hero Images 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Food Network Kitchen
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Guilt-Free Chocolates to Rescue You From Cravings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montevallo chapter.

During my freshman year of college, I trudged to the nearest drug store on campus in the rain to get some pain relievers and chocolate. The only problem was that all the chocolate was extremely diluted with milk and added sugars. Eating cheap milk chocolate leaves me feeling bloated and regretful, which is the last feeling I want to experience during that time of the month. Since then, I have compiled a list of my favorite clean chocolate brands. Here is my list of guilt-free chocolates to rescue you from your PMS cravings. 

Honey Mama’s Nibs & Coffee Bar

Social Media Influencer and Health Guru, Kenzie Burke, swears by the brand Honey Mama’s. My favorite flavor is the Nibs & Coffee purely based on the fact it gives me a little bit of pep in my step for the rest of my day. The company sells the bars online in packages, but you can pick up a single bar at Trader Joe’s if you don’t want to splurge on sweets. This bar is a 9/10 for me!

Hu Vegan Chocolate Bar

Vegan and Paleo, the Hu Chocolate Bar is the ultimate guilt-free treat for your self-care day. If dark chocolate isn’t your cup of tea, the company also makes a delightful Cashew Butter & Raspberry Jelly Chocolate Bar. This bar earns a 7/10 for its health benefits, but ultimately it is a bit pricey for a single bar. 

Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Hummus

Alright, this one is a bit of a stretch, even coming from self-proclaimed health nut like myself, but come on, chocolate hummus, it doesn’t get much better than that! With only 50 calories per serving, purchasing this treat is a no brainer. It’s so creamy and decadent that it’s basically like eating chocolate frosting. I serve my chocolate hummus with strawberries and apples, or if I’m feeling extra fancy, I toast some pita bread with cinnamon for dipping! This guilt-free gem deserves a solid 9/10! 

Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter Cup 

Trader Joe’s has the BEST inexpensive chocolate products, but this is by far the best I have tried. If you have a peanut allergy, these are a great alternative to the classic peanut butter cups. The package comes with two cups, which are the perfect amount to satisfy my cravings. 

Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, and you are determined to have a healthy alternative to Reese’s PB cups, you can always opt for Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Insider’s Tip: Starbucks sells both the milk chocolate and dark chocolate peanut butter cups by the brand Justin’s for a quick chocolate pit-stop! 

Whether you choose to eat healthy brands of chocolate or the classic Hershey’s bar, make sure to treat yourself once a month (at least)! 

Julia Gigis is a Multimedia Journalism major at The University of Montevallo. She currently is a marketing intern for RFG Advisory and StrongHer Money. You probably know her as the girl that "dates without dating apps" on Tik Tok, generating over 6 million views and 59k+ followers. In her free time, Julia likes to brunch and take pretentious photos with lattes.