What’s Trending? Fringe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Are you obsessed with pirates or have a profound love for the style of The Great Gatsby then turn your sights on the fringe trend of Spring 2014.  Fringe is the playful sister of tassels.   Fringe is showing up in everything whether it’s skirts, shirts, or jewelry.  Fringe adds a playful touch to your outfit without trying too hard.  The best part is that it’s around the time where all the music festivals are out, so you are guaranteed to find a comfortable, fringe-ful look for your days of festival hopping.  The dresses also give it a flapper kind of look.  This look is more casual than dressy so if you do want to dress it up, just make sure that the fringe is more of an accent than the focal point.

The most unique look for this trend is when incorporated into shoes or purses! It’s different and probably not for everyone.  The best way to get into this trend is with jewelry such as necklaces or earrings or a cheap shirt.  Remember, trends come and go so don’t drop big cash on it if you know you will only be wearing it for a season.

What do you think about this trend? Will you be jumping on the fringe bandwagon?

Dylan Ebraheem is a senior at Montclair State University with a major in Fashion Studies and a minor in Communications. She is the current Social Media Director and a Executive Editor. She has had 8 internships and is a Keds + Intern Queen Ambassador. She dreams of traveling to London and Paris after graduating and is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has her own blog/website (www.sartorialspice.com) in hopes of growing her following and perfecting her writing.