This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

As we’ve welcomed the New Year, there are many things to look forward to as we take our steps into 2021!

For starters, as I know everyone’s political views aren’t the same, but on January 20, 2021, America welcomed our 46th President [Joseph R. Biden Jr.] and 49th Vice President [Kamala Devi Harris.] It ended with a wonderful event, the “Inauguration Celebration.” Performances included Justin Timberlake, Tim McGraw, Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry and an amazing performance by Demi Lovato. I have to say America did an incredible job welcoming our new President and Vice President. Not only did we have a celebration, but the entertainment industry put a lot of work into making sure 2021 has some great things to look forward to.

The new movies list of 2021 to keep a good watch out for are “Venom 2,” “A Quiet Place 2,” “Raya and the Last Dragon,” “Candyman,” “Mission: Impossible 7,” “Halloween Kills” and my favorite kid movie “Space Jam 2.” All in which will be in theatres and some on live stream.

Music has already started to blow up this year, especially since we’re almost a month in. Ariana Grande has already blown up social media with a surprise engagement, but also a remix to “34+35” with Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion. That song is definitely a must! Other artists to look forward to are Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna [fingers crossed,] Migos, J.Cole and more. Finally what we struggled with last year was making our own trends.

Now that 2021 is upon us, fashion is slowly making a comeback and controlling our minds once again. First, the colors of the year 2021 are officially decided by Pantone which are  “Ultimate Gray” and “Illuminating,” as the latest trends are Oversized Shoulder Pad boyfriend Jackets, Black Face Masks, Head Scarfs, Shoulder Bags, Folk Inspired Print/Coats, White Boots [knee high included,] Bucket Hats and Fringe.

This year was a difficult one to get to. So as I end this chat with you Colligate, I would also like to remember those we lost to COVID-19, our sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Those who couldn’t make it this year we love you and you’re truly missed. I send many peace and blessings to everyone.

Tatiana Ricks

Montclair '21

My name is Tatiana Ricks I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I enjoy learning from others and researching the latest trends, I admire self-love, books, and healing myself spiritually.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.