What Events To Look Out For On Montclair State Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS!!!! April is jammed packed with events since the semester is winding down. I am personally excited for summer! Anyways, here’s what you should look out for this month on Montclair State University’s campus! 

Week of the 16th-22nd

• Tuesday April 18: Montclair Complexions is holding Family Feud in University Hall 1010. The event will start at 9 p.m. so pull up and test your trivia. 
  • Thursday April 20: The Merge will be hosting a Fashion Show in University Hall 7th floor. The doors will open at 7 p.m. Make sure you pop out and see what your fellow student designers are up to!!! 
  • Sunday April 22: Montclair Black Student Union is inviting you to “Welcome to the Blocc.” There will be games, food, music, games and much more! It will be from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Student Center Quad. No fee!!! Completely free to anyone! 

Week of the 23rd-29th

• Sunday April 23: Montclair Native African Student Organization is hosting a Naso Pageant in the Student Center Ballrooms. The event will start at 7 p.m. so be there or be square! 
  • Tuesday April 25: Global Montclair is holding a Multicultural Fashion Show in University Hall 1070 from 9-11:30 p.m. The fashion show will have three parts to it. A Cultural Walk, Modern Day Fit Walk and then a Q&A. There will also be a diverse selection of cultural food and music. and three parts to the fashion show. FREE FOR EVERYONE!  
  • Wednesday April 26: United American Asian Student Organization is having an APIH mart to celebrate Asian Pacific Islander Heritage month. It will be held in Student Center Ballrooms from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., you’ll be able to learn about the variety of Asian clubs here on campus, grab some Asian snacks, drinks and socialize with your friends! 
  • Friday April 28: Montclair United Filipino Student Association is hosting a Charity Ball at The Grand in Totowa from 7:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. This is MUFASA’s biggest event of the year! So make sure you pop out! All proceeds are going toward “Save Philippine Seas.” There will be dancing, music and food. Tickets are $70. 
  • Saturday April 29: Ladies First and The Brotherhood La Hermandad are bringing a Y2k Fine Block Party to the Bohn and Blanton quad from 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. with Dj Carvell and DJ USHHH. This will be their last event of the year so make sure you come out for a fun time and FREE ice cream! They ask you to show off your best Y2k outfit!!!!!! 

More information can be found on their Instagrams: 

Daughta Speaks (@daugtaspeaks.msu)

Montclair Complexions (@msucomplextions)

The Merge (@themerge.msu)

Black Student Union (@montlcairbsu)

Native African Student Organization (@msunaso)

Global Montclair (@globalmsu)

United Asian American Student Organization (@msu_uaaso)

Montclair United Filipino Student Association (@mufasa_msu)

Ladies First (@ladiesfirst_msu)

The Brotherhood La Hermandad (@msubotherhood)

Hi my name is Kyra VandenHeuvel and I am an aspiring fashion design and merchandising student at Montclair State University. I will be graduating in the year of 2024! In my free time I like to draw, paint and watch anime. I cannot wait to share my thoughts and observations of the world of fashion and design with you!