Montclair State Foodies: Freshman’s Guide to the Best Food on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

We all love food, there really isn’t any argument there. Before I started college this semester, I knew the food would be something I had to adjust to, especially since my mom is such an amazing cook. So, I took the initiative to ask fellow Red Hawk’s here at Montclair State University what their favorites were. Let’s dive in!

I first approached my RA, Montclair State senior Emily Leddy. Emily knew her go to right away: Chopt’s salads in the Student Center.  

“It’s so good and they make it exactly how you like,” Emily said. Her usual order is carrots, cucumbers, mozzarella, grilled chicken with balsamic dressing. You heard it here first, check out the salads at Chopt in the Student Center!    

Montclair State senior Jamie Bacher has been living on campus for four years. She definitely knows her way around the MSU food scene.

“Definitely the buffalo chicken wrap from Bistro in Machuga,” she said. My mouth watered the second she mentioned it, so I cannot wait to try this myself! Luckily, if you live in Machuga, it’s only an elevator ride away!

My roommate, Montclair State freshman Hailey Bunnell, is always telling me how much she loves going to Which Wich? so I asked her what her favorite ‘wich’ was. She recommends the BLT and honestly you really can’t go wrong with the classic BLT.

As a college student myself, who especially loves to eat, my personal favorites include but are not limited to orange chicken at Panda Express, the pasta bar at Sam’s, and custom omelets at Freeman!

Finding food you really enjoy in your home away from home can be really tough. Don’t be afraid to ask around to see what’s good and try new menu options!

Alexis Giunta

Montclair '22

Hey ladies! My name is Alexis Giunta and I will soon be starting as a freshman at Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey. I was originally born in New Jersey but for most of my life I lived in upstate New York. I’ve been writing since kindergarten and I quickly realized what I wanted, to write and travel. I plan to study journalism at Montclair so that I can express myself through writing, travel the world, meet new people and ultimately educate the public through media and gain the public’s trust back since media is in my opinion, dishonest to its people. To wrap this all up, i am very eager to start contributing to HerCampus as I am a proud woman and a proud writer! Stick around lovelies! ?
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.