How to Have a Successful School Year Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Starting a new school year is always a little scary for all of us. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to make the most of it, whether that consists of joining an organization, improving your study habits, or getting out of your comfort zone. Here’s some advice for how to rock this year based on your zodiac sign!

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Known for their strength, bravery, and competitive nature, Aries are probably more excited than nervous to start the school year. Since you are such an intense and determined sign, it would be great for you to channel some of that energy into a sport or leadership position. If you’re athletic, try out for a sport. If you like politics, run for student government. Once you focus and put your mind to your schoolwork you will be one of the best students in your class! Just remember that friendly competition is the best type of competition!

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

Taurus is known to be a very reliable sign and one that values commitment. You value friendship and love to be surrounded with people who care about you, so it would probably be a good idea for you to join a sorority or similar social organization. This way you will have plenty of friends to lean on! Just be sure to put as much effort into your schoolwork as you put into your social life!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Gemini is known to be one of the more complex signs and probably has mixed feelings toward the new school year. You have many aspects to your personality, that you tune into at varying times. It would probably be a good idea to try and show off the more outgoing side of your personality, to start off the school year, because this will be a good way to meet new people. Attend as many events as you can and talk to everyone you meet! This will help you find your place at school.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

As one of the most caring, sympathetic and loyal signs, cancer loves helping others. Luckily for you, college campuses offer many ways to get involved and volunteer to help people in and out of your community. You would probably enjoy participating in community service groups and helping out at non-profit organizations. However, college does get very stressful so it is important that you do not ignore your own needs. For example, before you offer to help a friend with her homework, make sure all your homework is done first!

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

Leo is the life of the party! You love to have fun and be the center of attention, so college is a great place for people like you! Since you enjoy the spotlight, you would probably excel in performing arts, or just the arts in general. It may be good for you to audition for a play or try out for the campus radio station. While you know that you will definitely have a great time in school, remember to prioritize your classes over parties!

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Being that Virgos are very analytical, detail-oriented and careful people, you’re probably a little nervous to start the new school year. You like a job well done and put a lot of thought into your work, so your grades will not be an issue for you. Don’t be afraid to do take in new experiences! Try to break out of your shell and make friends with similar interests. You would probably benefit from joining a study group or bringing your work to a public place rather than being alone in your room. If you’re not the type to reach out to people, that’s perfectly fine, but try to be open minded when they reach out to you.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Libras are extremely social and value peace and harmony, so you’re probably the most chill sign. You love making friends and tend to make people smile, so you’ll most likely thrive in any organization that you choose to be a part of. However, try not to get upset if you don’t get along with everyone you meet. Colleges have so many different students and sometimes drama is inevitable. You hate confrontation, which is a good thing, but make sure that your kindness doesn’t get taken advantage of.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Scorpios are one of the bravest signs so chances are you’re not too worried about starting the school year. You’re very passionate and probably already know what you hope to get out of the college experience and even life after that. You’re known to be pretty focused, intense and interesting. Your personality traits will benefit you with finding new studying strategies and seeking leadership roles, but try not to come off as intimidating or controlling when meeting new people.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

A Sagittarius desires freedom more than anything, so you’re probably beyond excited to live away from home if you’re dorming! You love to try new things and new adventures, so you would probably benefit from studying abroad or a campus trip. However, it’s essential to remember that you don’t get lost in your experiences; remember that you are in school to get your degree! Have fun, but be safe!

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

Capricorns are known for being extremely hard-working, responsible and determined, so you will probably not have any issues with getting your work done. It is great that you’re so driven, but remember that now is the time to learn more about yourself! Continue to work hard and don’t change your study habits, but also have some fun. Talk to new people, join something that interests you, and don’t be afraid to go out once in awhile! (By the way, I’m a Capricorn, and these are all lessons that I learned my freshman year of college).

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

Known for being very logical, you’ve probably started thinking deeply about the school year ahead already. You usually have great morals and think things through, so will probably make great friends with the people you choose to surround yourself with. Your imagination and optimistic attitude would do well in a charitable group or program to improve life on campus. Just know that you will have to compromise at some points and not everyone will agree with your views. Channel your logic into energy and perseverance for success!

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Pisces are very sympathetic, caring and loving signs. You’re very nurturing and a great listener, so try to go to as many events as possible including games, plays, concerts and anything that sounds fun to you. Even campus events that seem boring may be a good way for you to meet new friends and learn new things. You’re the one of the most accepting signs, so starting conversations various different people should be enjoyable for you. Just remember that, although you hate being criticized, people don’t always mean what they say so don’t let one rude remark ruin a potential friendship. Also, don’t let your emotions get the best of you when school gets stressful!

All in all, school is what you make of it. These are some pieces of advice based on astrology, but with a positive attitude and hard work, anyone can have a great year. With that said, good luck to everyone!

Zoe Nolz

Montclair '21

Zoe is a student at Montclair State University. She is the current Fashion and Beauty Editor for Her Campus Montclair. When she is not in class or doing work, you can catch her hanging with friends, shopping, writing, watching movies, drinking smoothies, just chilling or off on an adventure!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.