alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Get More Out of Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

What do you enjoy doing? What are the simple things that get you through the day? Knowing these things about yourself is the first step to living your best life. But how do you discover these aspects of your life if they’re not already known? Here’s an idea . . . 

Make a list of things you want to do more of in life. Read it every day. Get to know it. Live it. ​

I recently had the idea to make one of these lists and it has been amazing. It has inspired me to be more productive and reminds me to stay optimistic. The list has greatly improved my mental health. At the end of the day, the list can give me things to look forward to. The most important thing is to personalize the list and make it you.

For example, my list includes “improvise in the dance studio” and “go to art museums,” as I am a dancer and I have a deep love for visiting art exhibitions. Here is the rest of my list for some inspiration!

• Read books
  • Write
  • Watch movies
  • Color & doodle
  • Listen to music
  • Play my ukulele
  • Spread positivity
  • Smile!
  • Take naps
  • Catch up with friends
  • Indulge in good food
  • Explore local towns or cities
  • Accomplish the tasks on my daily to-do list
  • Watch the sunrise and/or sunset
  • Take pictures
  • Don’t take anything too seriously :)

It’s simply a To Do List with a personal twist! And it’s not nearly as stressful.

As you can see, some things on my list are desired accomplishments, and others are simple reminders that help me stay happy! I look at this list from time to time, or when I am feeling down. I challenge you to make your own list! Include your favorite hobbies or just things that can brighten your day no matter what.

Whatever you may enjoy doing, make sure you are doing it. It’s never too late to start living your best life!

Images: 1 2 3

Sarah Vazquez is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. She is the current Editor-in-Chief and a Co-Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She is an avid concert-goer, podcast junkie, X-Files fanatic and someone who always has her nose buried deep inside a book.