nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCM President & Editor-in-Chief: Danielle Pransky

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Communication & Media Arts Major.

Leadership Development Minor.

Her Campus Montclair President & Editor-in-Chief.

She’s been with HCM since the spring semester of her freshman year. She started as a Contributing Writer, became the Promotional Media Director her sophomore year, and her junior year was the Senior Editor as well as the Vice President. Now, in her senior year at Montclair State, she has taken on the role as President & Editor-in-Chief! She’s currently a Marketing Intern at the Center for Leadership Development on campus. 

HCM: What attracted you to MSU? 

DP: New York City! I felt like the area had better opportunities for the career path I want to pursue. Also, I have some family that live in the North Jersey/New York City area so it’s been nice to be closer to them. 

HCM: How did you find out about Her Campus Montclair? 

DP: During my freshman year, the President at the time, Camila De Souza, was recruiting new writers through the Class of 2018 Facebook page and I responded. Writing has always been one of my hobbies and I was always interested in contributing to a publication so I thought it was a great opportunity to gain some editorial experience especially for a digital platform. 

HCM: What has been your favorite class so far on campus? 

DP: There has been two! The first was Wired Jersey through my major. It’s a course linked to the School of Communication & Media’s online platform, wiredjersey.com. I loved contributing to the website and producing all sorts of content. My other favorite class was Psychology of Leadership through my minor. It was focused on professional and personal development and I loved that. 

HCM: What else are you involved in on campus? 

DP: I’m an inducted member of Lambda Pi Eta, which is the honor society in the School of Communication & Media as well as Sigma Alpha Pi which is the National Society for Leadership and Success. I’m also a Student Leader on campus through my marketing internship at the Center for Leadership Development. I oversee and coordinate all of the department’s marketing. I also plan on getting more involved in the PRSSA which I’m looking forward to!

HCM: Where do you hope to be in a year? 

DP: I hope to be a grad student here at MSU! I really want to pursue the M.A. in Public & Organizational Relations. I would also like to have an internship in public relations or something in the communication & media industry. Ultimately, my dream would be to do entertainment PR or PR for a magazine, lifestyle, or travel brand… clearly, I’m still exploring!

HCM: How many countries have you been to and which ones? 

DP: Seven! Bahamas, Mexico, France, Sweden, Denmark, England, and Ireland. I just checked off my seventh one this summer. I went to Ireland and it is hands-down one of my favorite places. Dublin is such a fun city and I definitely want to go back.  It’s a beautiful country. I did a 5-day tour through the northern half of the country, from Dublin following the coast to Galway and back across. I cherished every bit. Scotland is next on the list. And Iceland. And Australia. 

HCM: And states? 

DP: From the east to the west: Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Colorado, and California. So sixteen! I really want to explore more of the middle of the U.S. and more of the west. I’d love to see the Grand Canyon and even though this isn’t really in the middle, everyone’s been telling me check out Nashville. Overall, there’s a ton of places I still want to see!

LIGHTNING ROUND

HCM: Favorite Book? 

DP: Deep Listening by Jillian Pransky (Coming to bookstores (& the internet) October 10, 2017 ☺ )

HCM: Celebrity you would like to meet? 

DP: Saoirse Ronan (People tell me she’s my celebrity lookalike) 

HCM: Celebrity crush?

DP: Chris Evans. 

HCM: Favorite food? 

DP: 21-years-strong on Mac & Cheese

HCM: Favorite movie(s)?

DP: Oh that’s tough: Crazy, Stupid, Love. Almost Famous. August Rush. Devil Wears Prada… The list goes on. 

HCM: Favorite band(s)?

DP: Coldplay, Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers… The list goes on for that one too. 

HCM: Favorite season?

DP: FALL!

I am a Marketing major and Communication minor at Montclair State University. I am currently the Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus MSU. I love good eats, my mini golden doodle, fashion, art, interior design, media and most anything quirky yet charming.
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.