This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Every day is an opportunity to make better decisions in the world we live in. Whether that means turning off the water faucet while brushing your teeth, taking a shorter shower, or taking your own plastic tumbler to Starbucks for your daily Iced Latte. 

It occurred to me that changes could be made with even the products I use on the daily to help make a difference – it’s what that cute bunny symbol on the back of my favorite bronzer means. 

Two years ago, I adopted a mini lop bunny and this little guy, with his adorable floppy ears and little pink nose, is one of 100 million other adorable animals such as rabbits, mice, and even cats around the world are potentially killed or tortured when testing medicine, cosmetics, and beauty products. This extremely sad statistic does not have to be the case if we support the brands that do not test their products on animals. 

Here are some of my favorite beauty products that will never be tested on animals, are cruelty-free, and some are even 100% vegan. 

Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette by E.L.F Cosmetics 

This eye palette includes ten shades from subtle to bold to pair – normally this palette is perfect for the summer with its “Summer Breeze” like tones, but the bold shades could go quite nicely with fall as well. Plus, this palette is only $10, 100% vegan, and of course cruelty-free!

Original Coffee Scrub by Frank Body 

This body scrub is actually made of coffee! Smells like it too and it’s so good for your skin! The coffee scrub stimulates blood flow, promotes collagen production & scrubs away dry skin. Use it to wash your face, scrub in the shower, and your skin will free fresh and healthy. Although this product is a few bucks more, at $16.95, this product is also 100% vegan and cruelty-free.

Organic Cleansing Milk by Juice Beauty 

Makeup removers are tested on animals too, but Juice Beauty’s Organic Cleansing Milk is not. This makeup remover deeply cleanses and removes makeup with organic neroli and grape seed oils, while soothing normal, aging, or sensitive skin with organic chamomile and calendula. Plus, it’s only $10!

Sundream Lotus Infused Bronzer by Pacifica

I love my bronzer – it’s absolutely essential for all those selfies! Finding one that I liked that is 100% cruelty-free was hard, but this specific bronzer is my favorite. It’s smooth, cream-like, highly pigmented powders leave you with a super pretty natural glow and under $12.

Instafamous Nail Lacquer by Deco Miami

Most nail polishes are not cruelty-free either, but this great brand Deco Miami creates pretty pigmented shades and nail care products that are 8-FREE, TPHP-FREE, VEGAN, and CRUELTY-FREE. Pretty colors like Instafamous are only $12.50. Plus, the bottle is so cute as well. 

Ylang Ylang Spa Organic Cleansing Bar by Juice Beauty 

Another great product by Juice Beauty is their vegan and cruelty-free cleansing bar. Cleanse your skin with this luxurious cleansing bar formulated with organic extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil. Infused with crushed rose petals for a refreshing aroma-therapeutic experience. This beauty bar is only $12. 

Skin Refining High Definition Powder by E.L.F Cosmetics 

This is one of my favorite face powders. This high definition loose powder creates a “soft focus” effect on the skin. It helps mask fine lines and imperfections for a radiant looking complexion. Both vegan and cruelty-free, it’s like a Snapchat filter for your face and only $6!

Zobia Alvi is a web developer, business coach, and writer who helps creative entrepreneurs and bloggers to craft stunning blogs and websites that help them focus on what they do best. She's also the host of the Business By Design Podcast. Currently, she’s a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in Finance and Economics with a certification in Entrepreneurship.
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.