Style > Beauty

Best of 2018 Holiday Makeup Collections

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Starting around mid-October brands began releasing their holiday makeup collections for 2018. A lot of them include new products or new shades of pre-existing items. Companies will also package together some of their best-selling products and make sets which have a higher value than what you actually pay. All of these winter wonderland themed collections have great products that will be perfect for the gift giving season!

Fenty Beauty

Rihanna always finds a way to shock the beauty community and she didn’t let anyone down with this collection. The Fenty Beauty holiday line is filled with all the metallic sparkle and shine you could ever want. Everyone loved the original ‘Fairy Bomb’ that came out just before summer. The big puff was filled with a glitter highlight that could be used all over. The holiday collection features a smaller sized ball that is packaged as an ornament and has a silver shimmer. Another fan favorite is  the ‘Killawatt Foil Highlighters’ and now they have an entire seven pan palette. They have the same formula as the original highlighters just in all new shades.

Marc Jacobs

While this high-glam inspired collection is relatively small there are still some standout products. The ‘O!Mega Glaze’ is a warm peachy gold highlight that can be worn on the face or body. It comes in a large gold compact and this will last for months. There is also a ‘Hi-Shine Gloss’ that can be worn as a lip topper or on its own for a metallic lip.

Too Faced

Every year, Too Faced puts a lot of effort into their value sets for the holidays. They’re perfect for gifts because you don’t have to pay a crazy price tag for the amount of product you get and they always come in beautiful packaging. The ‘Under the Christmas Tree Breakaway Face & Eye Set’ valued at $230 but only costs $49. You get two eyeshadow palettes, a face palette and a mascara.

These are just a few of the amazing product launches for the holidays so whether you’re looking for the perfect gift or just treating yourself there is something for everyone!

Carly Kinahan

Montclair '20

Carly Kinahan is a junior at Montclair State University majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Management. She is a Contributing Writer as well as Social Media Director. She loves to travel the world and spend time with her friends and family. Instagram: carlykinahan
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.