As the air gets cooler and pumpkin food starts becoming more accessible, it becomes obvious that fall is here once again. Adjusting from summer break to the school year is hard though–there’s no doubt about it. It takes a few weeks for everyone to get back into their groove at school, but it feels natural once we get situated. Whether you’re one of those girls who’s been waiting to start again since May or someone who would rather give up on school altogether, here are nine signs you’re still not ready for this semester yet.
1. When someone asks you what classes you’re taking this semester, you can barely answer because you honestly can’t remember.
It’s all a blur.
2. You’re too busy dreaming about the next time you can go to the beach to think about what you have to do for homework tonight.
Us in class every day: “We didn’t have anything due today, right?”
3.You refuse to admit the fact that summer is over and you can’t wear shorts and crop tops anymore without freezing to death.
Do we actually have to wear real clothes now?
4. You showed up on the first day of class without a notebook or pen.
5. When you haven’t done homework in so long that your first assignment feels like you’ve never written anything academic before.
Sorry professors, but we forget how to do homework.
6. You still haven’t bought a parking permit yet and are trying to see how long you can go without buying one.
They’re just so unnecessarily expensive.
7. Binge watching a show on Netflix until 3 a.m. seemed like a great idea until you remembered you had to be up in less than 5 hours to make your first impression.
“Just one more episode.” -Us, three seasons and five episodes later.
8. Asking yourself, “What do I even have to do today?” seems to be a recurring theme so far.
It’s like I can’t even remember what day it is anymore.
9. You’re already counting down the days until the semester is over.
Hopefully, it goes by faster than it seems like it will.
If you can relate to any of these signs, you’re not the only one. Trust me, I’m not ready yet either; but just think: there are approximately only 13 weeks left until winter break!