8 Non-Dessert Recipes to Bring to Your Next Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Though I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, it’s a bit annoying to go to a party where there is one savory food and twelve desserts. It’s totally understandable how easy it is to just pick up a box of brownie mix at the supermarket but making some good food that your friends will enjoy isn’t too difficult either. 

Lemon Spiced Lentils

Lentils are great kitchen staples and they’re pretty easy to cook. Impress your friends with this delicious “adulty” dish!

Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers

We’re petitioning for “Taco Thursdays” to officially be a thing. Pro tip: use yellow bell peppers for a sweeter taste.

Bun-less Turkey Burgers

Cooking a whole turkey takes way too long and it can get pretty complicated as well. Opt for these bun-less turkey burgers instead– a new take on a centuries-old tradition.

Honey Glazed Baby Carrots

This recipe will wow even the biggest veggie haters. Plus, it’s just 6 ingredients!

Goat Cheese and Rosemary Butternut Squash Mash

Move aside mashed potatoes and gravy! This simple dish will have everyone begging for more. 

Easy Microwaved Corn

No stove required? Say less.

Fresh Apple Salsa

This is a nutritious fall twist for chips and salsa!

The Best Vegan Biscuits

Take this to the next level by serving it warm with some butter or jam.

Ana Hilario

Montclair '21

Ana graduated from Montclair State University with a degree in English. She loves reading, traveling, coffee, llamas, and the Oxford comma. Follow her on Instagram @ana_hilarious_ for good vibes and funky outfits.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.