This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

A few weeks back, our friends at Her Campus Belmont published an article in regard to Woodstock 50, a golden anniversary celebration of the music and art festival’s debut in 1969. Earlier in the year, founder Michael Lang announced his vision to revive Woodstock in Watkins Glen International, New York two hours from the smaller Bethel Woods Music and Culture Festival at the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. Scheduled August 16, 17 and 18, the “three days of peace, love and music” featured a unique array of headliners, including The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Jay-Z, Chance the Rapper, Imagine Dragons, Halsey and Cage the Elephant. 

While the official website marks nearly 100 days until Woodstock returns, tickets for the show are said be “on sale soon.” Though subscribers of the organization’s email list are uncertain after receiving a personal message from Lang on April 30thannouncing that their financial partnership with Dentsu-Aegis has been unexpectedly ended months before the festival. 

Reminiscent of mishaps that occurred in the 1960s, he reassures the readers that Woodstock is not a force to be reckoned with and will be happening this summer. The letter closed with a promise of hope, vowing that Lang’s current team, consisting of NYS and Schuyler County, will continue to assist in transforming his dream into a reality through the restoration of Woodstock.

The website’s homepage notes that “more than 100,000 [people] have responded to [their] situation with support and solidarity,” showcasing a few comments from fans who are anticipating what is to come.

“My parents took a Woodstock banner and hung it over my crib as a baby,” one claims. “I feel a connection with this festival and want to see it be a success.”

“Just as in the past, you will prevail and history will remember you for that,” another writes. 

Check out Variety for more information about Woodstock 50 and make sure to visit the Woodstock General Store in the meantime!

As a senior at Monmouth University, I have partnered with my co-correspondent, Jenna, in founding our own chapter of Her Campus.