element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Knowing What You Want, and What You Deserve

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Monmouth chapter.

At the end of the day, you might only get that day. Why share it with someone who doesn’t appreciate how special your day really is? The past couple of months, I have been confused, and thinking about a lot, to say the least. And what’s one thing that makes us think and confuses the hell out of us more than math functions, or scientific equations? Guys. To spare you the lovely details, I recently met someone, and it’s all been a little confusing. It’s taken me a little bit to make sense of it all. Mixed signals, up-in-the-air feelings. I mean we’ve all been there right? At least once?

https://pin.it/cwfqo7uh2by2um

To be honest, this is the first time I’ve ever felt a sense of affection towards someone. I’ve lived my short 21 years focused on my family, friends and school and never really bothered with anything else. However, this guy popped into my life, and I felt as if he was different from the others. Disgustingly cliché, right? But this isn’t about him. It’s about realizing what someone should want out of a person. I’m writing this to hopefully resonate with at least one of you reading this about what you truly deserve, whether it’s being friends, talking, dating, or being in a relationship. You should be with someone who admires the way you look at life. How you see the little things for big things. How you appreciate the tiny ladybug on the beach bench, or the random dog sitting by the fence with the white picket fence you aspire to have one day. You deserve someone who judges your weird personality, and quirky awkwardness, but doesn’t actually judge you, you know what I mean?  

https://pin.it/lvmk7pmhiujsox

You deserve someone who will talk for 30 seconds, or three hours about everything and nothing, all at once. Someone you don’t have to hesitate calling, but pressing their name on your phone screen is like second nature. Someone who understands your gross food cravings and habits. Yearn for someone who can equally retaliate your sarcasm and stubbornness. You should want someone that appreciates you for your mistakes, and sticks around through the bumps in the road.

Someone who genuinely listens, instead of tuning you out. Someone who doesn’t push you to open up, but in the same regard, challenges you. Someone that respects you, your choices in life, the decisions you’ve made, the aspirations you have. Now that right there, that is someone you deserve and you should want. Like I said, days are too important to share them with someone who isn’t deserving of them.

Never chase anyone.  Like my dad always told me, the good ones stick around, kid.

Krysta Donnelly

Monmouth '20

I am an inspiring Journalist, who is currently a Junior at MU. I created my own blog and continue to use my passion for writing as my platform to ultimately relate and connect with others, as well as create change and take a stance on every day issues and topics: no matter how big or small.