This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

WYSIWYG

A cozy place to drink smoothies and juice and order a yogurt bowl or salad, is there such a place? There is! Its called WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get). They have a full menu of different types of flavor combinations to make sure you get exactly the type of juice or smoothie you need. They also have a tables to sit and do homework while drinking away at the deliciousness. Not to mention there is free fruit infused water that changes every day.

Here are the weekly specials:

Monday: $2 off smoothies and salads

Tuesday: Buy 1, Get 1 half off Juice

Wednesday: $2 off smoothies and salads

Thursday: $1.50 off Breakfast Items

Friday: Fire Cider Fridays- “Buy 1 shot, get 1 free”

Hours:

• Mon- Fri 7 A.M.- 7 P.M.

• Sat 8 A.M. – 4 P.M.

Address: 527 S Front Street, Mankato MN

Visit their website!

Infinity Nail Spa and Salon

If you are looking to treat yourself and your body to some TLC, this is the place to go. From nails to massages they have got it all. The employees are so kind and can help you with hands and feet, waxing, facials and massages. I recently went in and requested a reverse manicure and they gave me exactly that. You can also get 15% off when paying in cash with a valid student ID!

Hours:

• Mon- Fri 9:30 A.M. – 7 P.M.
  • Sat 9:30 A.M. – 6 P.M.

Address: 109 E. Cherry Street, Mankato MN

Schdeule an Appointment!

Gallery 512 Boutique

With only 2 locations and one being in Mankato you don’t want to miss out on what they have to offer. With many one of kind items you can’t go wrong with all the cuteness they have to offer. Also, Fall is here and Winter is around the corner, so you must check out all the warm items in store. They also sell a wide variety of accessories like jewelry, shoes, and scarfs.

Hours:

• Tue- Fri 11 A.M.- 6 P.M.
  • Sat 10 A.M.—5 P.M.

Address: 611 N Riverfront Drive Mankato MN

Visit their website!

Polito’s Pizza

“Home of the Big Slice,” this pizza place has some great (worth-your-money) slices. This is a perfect place to eat if you and your friends disagree on pizza toppings. From Mac and Cheese pizza to Philly Cheese Steak pizza they have all the combinations you could imagine. Also if you sign up for Polito’s birthday club you can receive free pizza on your birthday! Stop in on Tuesday for “Two for Tuesday” where you get two slices of pizza and a fountain drink for $6.00 from open till close. Plus if you are of age there is Dollar domestic beers!

Hours:

• Mon – Wed 11 A.M.- 10 P.M.
  • Thurs – Sat 11 A.M. – 3 A.M.
  • Sun 11 A.M. – 8 P.M.

Address: 505 S Front St, Mankato, MN 56001

Visit their website!

These are just a few of the places downtown has to offer. Now go out and explore this awesome college town! Here are some other great places to visit in Downtown Mankato:

• Primp Boutique – coming soon!
  • The Coffee Hag
  • Tandem Bagels
  • Pub 500
  • Pagliai’s Pizza
  • Mom & Pop’s
  • Salvage Sisters 

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.