Minnesota Athletics Weight Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Whether you’re the baseball team’s No. 1 fan, sitting in the stands at every soccer game, or just know we have a hockey team, as a student at MNSU you probably know we have some damn good athletics on campus. Here’s an inside look at where the athletes weight train. Located in the Taylor Center, the Minnesota State Athletics Weight Room came to MNSU in 2002. It has 7,326- square feet of space and equipment totaling 8.20 tons (roughly three grown elephants). If you ever find yourself down there you might run into the head strength coach Tommy Inkrott or one of the two graduate assistants, Maren Werth and Mike Brasch. Together they create personalized lifting programs for each team here at MNSU. That’s just a little snapshot of one of the ways Maverick athletes train for competition. 

Hello! I'm Abby and am a writer for Her Campus MNSU. I am in my third year here at Mankato and pursuing an accounting major. Outside of class, I play for the women's tennis team and enjoy going out with friends.