If You Love Clothes, You’ll Love Encore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Encore Consignment & Bridal Boutique is a charming little store located in Old Town Mankato. When you hear the word “consignment” in the name of a store, I’m sure the first thing you maybe think of is a thrift store or hand me downs, but this is not necessarily the case. The clothes on the consignment side actually include a variety of higher-end clothing brands that are in very good condition, some even with the tag still on them. For the price the items are sold for, you practically get a steal at their quality! The store is also very particular about what it takes because they are always making it about the remarkable you!

The other half of the store is for the bridal and formal wear. All of the wedding dresses are brand new, never worn, just tried on. They come in all styles and are oh so beautiful. They also have formal wear, short and long, and those are a majority brand new and some that are consigned. Kim Stanton, the owner, is in the midst of rebranding the bridal side of the boutique so that everyone is aware that all the bridal is brand new. She plans on renaming the bridal side Riverfront Bridal and making it its own store. 

She also plans to give it a new look and have a re-grand opening party that will include champagne and hors-d’oeuvres. Who doesn’t love drinking champagne and trying on wedding dresses?! So, everyone should keep an eye out for advertisements so you can come join the party and treat yourself!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.