This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I knew Mankato had a farmer’s market, but I was never able to check it out until recently, and it is awesome.

They have about five to six vendors with fresh produce, baked goods, eggs and homemade goodies. Just about anything you can grow, they have it. The vendors are so passionate about what they do, and can help you find just about anything. It is also a place with very reasonable items that will beat grocery store prices and quality. I found find zucchini, peppers, and even an awesome succulent for $3 each!

They are only open until the end of September and will re-open beginning in May, so stop on by while you can before the end of the season.

They are located at 1895 Adams Street in Mankato in the parking lot of Best Buy. Their hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 P.M.- 6:00 P.M. and Saturdays 8:00 A.M.- 12:00 P.M.

If you want more information, they have a Facebook page and a website where you can see what is in season.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.