neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

With the excitement of the festive, chocolate filled, spring holiday behind us, the terrifying reality that it’s now April and school is winding down is hitting hard. Before we start getting teary-eyed or breaking out the pint of ice cream to relieve the impending stress bomb that this month promises, consider some of these practical but a little outside of the education-box tips to keep things rolling smoothly!

First, stay organized- make full use of your planner, calendar, colored pens, sticky notes and phone reminders. Keeping your ducks in a row, so to speak, will help you not to forget any important assignments or dates, and will ward off the stress bug before it can even creep through the door. Also, using those reminders and notes to keep you on task, because we all know that procrastination is a huge calmness killer, will assist in making sure you’re checking things off in a timely manner. Not to mention the satisfaction of pressing that ‘completed’ bubble, or striking through the notepad list.

A good way to keep your mind at ease is to try something new. A fresh experience is sometimes all we need to keep brain-fog or fuzziness at bay and to keep our motivation at full speed. A new yoga or fitness class, a fancy Pinterest recipe or cooking technique you’ve been dying to try, or even just a walk through a park you’ve never been to. Stress can sneak up on us if we aren’t taking enough time for ourselves or taking into account what our minds, bodies, or emotions need. Moving your body, nourishing it, or just getting to fresh air all help to take the edge off of the day’s burdens and gets your mind on something else for a bit so you can keep grinding!

When I’m stressed, a good self-care routine is sometimes all I need to feel refreshed and ready for a new day! Light your favorite candle, do a face mask, or call your mom or that friend who’s always there to listen. Vent a bit, make a list, put on your favorite Netflix episode (only one though- gotta stay on track here), and take a couple deep breaths! Chamomile tea is a great stress reliever, or try my favorite- Target’s Everyday Essential ‘Snooze & Snuggle’ tea- life changing! Life is too short to let the negative things in life control you. Take back the reins of your emotions and say goodbye to those short fuses for good!

Another key to staying stress-free, especially when the weight of school and the future is weighing on us, is to maintain or develop a positive attitude. Starting your day off with some positive affirmations, prayer or a devotional, a deep breathing meditation or yoga routine, or your go-to workout can put your mind on the right track. Even as you get up and go throughout your daily routine, making sure to check in with yourself, your mind, and how you feel, is very important.

Pushing yourself too hard or ignoring your emotions will only bog you down and burn you out, which is counter-intuitive to our end of the year success aspirations! Don’t let stress win this semester; stay organized, take time for yourself, and go kill those exams!

I am a senior Marketing major and Innovation and Entrepreneurship minor at MNSU, Mankato. I've been in charge of both the Marketing and Event teams for my Her Campus chapter and I love every second! Just a small town girl who loves Jesus, cooking and baking, being active, getting lots of sunshine, traveling, and spending time with her amazing family! 
Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.