photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Black Friday Deals to Watch For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you live in the United States, you’ve come to know the tradition surrounding Black Friday. Stores open early, people line up for days before, and the mad dash to get the best savings. The best way to know what is going on sale that weekend is to look early. Let us do the searching for you and give you a few things that you should keep an eye out for.

1.   Walmart

Walmart is one of the stores that continually comes out on top. They open the earliest and tend to have more deals than any other store. Most everything you need is all in one place! This year, Walmart will open at 6pm on Thanksgiving and stay open until regular store closing hours. Deals for them range from $19 heated blankets to 4K HD TVs starting at $199. If you’re looking for the best place to hit all the points on your holiday shopping list, this may be the best place to start!

2.   Amazon

For those that tend to avoid the lines, Amazon is a good place to start. You can benefit from Black Friday deals early as well. Free shipping on all orders started on November 5th and will continue until well after Cyber Monday. This also may be your best chance to indulge your desires. Amazon Echo and its other counterparts will be as low as $80 or even less! Many more tech items will get hefty discounts and we may see more sales come Cyber Monday.

3.   Target

Most people have a weakness for Target but you can’t always justify the high price tag. Black Friday is one of the best times to use sales to your advantage! Target announced one of the best deals of them all- free two-day shipping on ALL orders and at ANY price point! No need to stand in line all night, go ahead and relax at home while you snag the best deals. Target may also be a good place to take your list to if you’re struggling to find the right gifts for those younger family members.

Many other places will be worth checking out online. Home Depot, JC Penney, Kohls and other stores will have great sales of their own. If you’re looking for a specific item or store, BestBlackFriday may be the site to help you best! Make a list and shop in person or online! Whatever suits you best, we hope that these tips can help.

Currently, a fifth year student at MNSU, Mankato majoring in History with a minor in Psychology. Self proclaimed Netflix and coffee addict with a passion for writing. 
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.