emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips to Getting Ahead of the Hustle & Bustle of Holiday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

If you are anything like me, you wait until the last minute to try to cram in all of the much-anticipated holiday shopping for all of your loved ones. This can be both exciting and very stressful to be out amongst the hustle and bustle of all the shoppers. In this article, I will go over some key tips to try to get ahead of that hustle and bustle, so you can enjoy this holiday shopping season without trying to cram it all in a short period of time and still get everything you want for your loved ones. Here is a list of my top five tips:

1)    Make a list of your loved ones who will receive the gifts and also create a budget.

This is essential to getting ahead. I am such a planner and write numerous lists, so you can always count on me to write a list of whom I will be giving gifts to. The budget part is an essential factor, too. I always try to be as fair as possible and spend around the same amount on all my loved ones, so I do not feel like I am shortchanging anyone. By making a budget, you can start setting money aside or even start planning for the amount of money that will be spent over the holiday season.

2)    Shop deals.

DEALS, DEAL, DEALS! This is HUGE! I am a total deal shopper and will even use coupons when I can. Shopping the best deals lets you get the most bang for your buck and even in doing so, you are saving money which can be put towards another gift for that person or someone else. Over the course of the holiday season, so many retail shops run special deals, promos or have special coupons. Not only on Black Friday, but all throughout the season! I highly suggest using them!

3)    Shop online.

This is another biggie for holiday shopping. Who does not like shopping from the comfort of their couch? And not to mention sometimes the online prices are even better than in store prices. Shopping online is perfect for the person that does not want to try to beat all the people and you get the packages delivered right to your house! It cannot get much better than that.

4)    Avoid credit card debt.

The holidays are expensive, and everyone always wants to give their loved ones the biggest and best gifts. But do not charge more than you can pay off! Your loved ones are sure to understand that going into debt for holiday shopping is no good and is just digging yourself a hole to get out of. Avoid that hole and avoid over charging that card; your loved ones will understand and love you regardless.

5)    Start shopping now!

If you want to get ahead on your holiday shopping, start now! Make that list, make that budget, find the good deals, shop online and avoid overcharging. You will definitely thank yourself once the holiday season approaches and you can thoroughly enjoy the holiday season without trying to beat the hustle and bustle of all the shoppers!

Kalli Steinberg

Minnesota '20

I am currently a senior at Minnesota State University - Mankato studying Business Marketing. I enjoy spending time with friends and family, being outside, running, working out and shopping.
Hannah is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato and one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC MNSU chapter. She is currently double majoring in Marketing and Business Management with a Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.