This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Due to the unfortunate events of 2020, I think it is safe to say that many of us may be suffering from some sort of social anxiety or lack of self confidence.  For months we were forced to stay away from our loved ones to keep each other safe.  The lack of social interaction as well as less access to the things we love took a toll on many individuals.  For me personally, I struggled doing things that I used to do without a care in the world.  It takes a strong person to get back out there and show the world what you’ve got!  

Here are 10 things that you can do to boost your self confidence:

1. Put on an outfit that you feel confident in Something as easy as this can boost your confidence within minutes.  There is nothing better than walking into a room and knowing that you put effort into yourself, this act gives off natural self confidence.

1. Surround yourself with positive people Surrounding yourself with positive people will leave you with a positive attitude.  It is so easy to have self confidence when you’re in a good mood.

1. Start out your day with affirmations Start your day by reminding yourself of your worth and your goals.  Nothing will be able to stop you!

1. Leave positive notes around your home  I have positive notes on my mirror that I look at everyday to remind myself that I am beautiful and to not compare myself to others.  It really does make a difference when you start the day out on a positive note.

1. Perform a kind or generous act Personally, I think that the reward of helping someone is seeing the joys on one face.

1. Correct your posture Good posture will make you feel confident just by looking the part.

1. Exercise Taking care of yourself is a big part of self confidence, you are much more likely to feel better about yourself if you care for your body.

1. Have a self care moment Do something that will make you feel good about yourself!  Get your nails done, wax your eyebrows, or even get a haircut.  It is so refreshing when you can devote time to yourself.

1. Do something you enjoy Doing something that will love will put you at ease.  That sense of fulfillment and ease can boost your self confidence like no other!

1. Stop worrying what others think  And lastly, if you make a conscious decision to not worry about what people think about you, you will be much more confident.  At the end of the day the only opinion that should matter is your own and if you are happy with yourself then you will be confident.

I can honestly say that these things have helped me with my own struggles throughout the last year.  I know that it can be scary to get back out there and become vulnerable again.  We’ve all gotten so used to the changes we’ve had to endure this year.  But, It’s important to remember that we are strong individuals and the world would be missing out if we weren’t active in it.  By applying these 10 ways to boost your self confidence, there will be nothing that can stop you!

Crystal Morton

Minnesota '22

Hello, my name is Crystal:)