danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Intern With Melsy’s Illustrations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Melsy’s Illustrations creates feminine and dainty hand-drawn fashion illustrations! Each piece of art is detail oriented and colored in with Copic Markers and/or high-end watercolors. Touches of glitter and other materials (such as sequins, pearls, Swarovski crystals, glitter, etc.) may also be added for perfect touches of detail. Melsy’s artistic style focuses primarily on the hair and outfits of her illustrations. Rarely showing the face, her illustrations create a special bond between the consumer and her artwork. Because Melsy doesn’t show the face of her illustrations they can be ANYONE, your best friend, sister, mom, co-worker, etc! These are perfect gifts for holidays, weddings, birthdays, expecting mommys, you name it! 

Clients include: Hallmark,  Reebok,  Bloomingdales, CHANEL, TJX Companies Inc., HANLEY NYC, and The Rockettes 

What is the internship program? 

Melsy’s Illustrations © is currently seeking interns to assist with online orders, social media, marketing, and pop-up shops throughout NYC. This unpaid internship program is designed to benefit both personal and professional growth as well as educate interns and assist them in finding their niche for experience. In order to ensure a quality level of learning, all interns will be mentored and trained by Melsy herself. At the end of the program interns should have a significant list of accomplishments to add to their resume such as experience in a fast-paced retail environment, social media, marketing, product development, and much more! Interns will represent and communicate the Melsy’s Illustrations brand and lifestyle to customers by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: 

Pop-Up Market Responsibilities: 

• Greeting and assisting customers at pop-up boutique locations (This includes holiday markets such as the Bryant Park Winter Village, Columbus Circle and/or weekly markets such as Artists and Fleas Chelsea Market) 
  • Replenish merchandise to ensure that the sales floor is stocked on a daily basis 
  • Be knowledgeable of stock including quantity and names of illustrations
  • Organize and label products to ensure a systematic shopping experience
  • Make sure selling area is always clean and in pristine condition 

Office Responsibilities:  

• Assist with online orders
  • Package, order, and organize product/make post-office runs
  • Answer emails and calls

Physical and Scheduling Requirements: 

• Must be available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings, weekends, holidays 
  • Standing for extended periods of time 
  • Able to safely lift boxes 
  • Coffee/Lunch runs

Social Media Required: 

• Post/engage on all of Melsy’s social media platforms such as Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter 

Skills and Abilities Required:

• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
  • Work in a fast-paced environment
  • Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and selling skills
  • Friendly and positive energy when selling 

Qualifications/Education and Experience required: 

• Minimum 1 to 2 year experience in a retail industry, professional selling experience preferred
  • College interns preferred 

How to apply?  

Email your resume to melsyillustration@gmail.com