This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Everyone knows how stressful school can get. You feel overloaded with homework assignments, quizzes, tests, and group projects constantly. It can be difficult to find time for yourself, where you are not worrying about the next assignment the teacher is going to give you. I feel that everyone needs to give themselves a break from school and think about what’s best for yourself when you can. Here are some ways I treat myself after a stressful week of school.

Having to wake up for school super early every morning gets annoying, and I always feel tired. On the weekends, I allow myself to sleep in a little while longer to give my body a chance to rejuvenate. I love doing my makeup on the weekends even if I don’t have anywhere special to go to. I find that it’s a real confidence booster and puts me in a better mood. School food is not always the best, so I usually treat myself to a home cooked meal or go out to a favorite local café for some sweet treats. However, I usually just end up getting my typical order at the Starbucks down the street from me. The rest of my day will differ depending on what mood I am in, and what I want to do on a particular weekend.

Later in the day, I like to indulge in activities that I do not normally do on a regular basis. I am a bit of a shopaholic, so I always like to go look at the local boutiques, markets, or the mall. I don’t always feel the need to buy things, sometimes I just window shop. Then I will sometime go and get my nails done because this just makes me feel like I am more put together. But my favorite thing to do during the day is to just go outside and walk. I love going out and wandering around. You never know what you will find.

At the end of the day I like to relax and focus on myself more. Taking baths are a great way to relax. I love to use the most colorful and sparkly lush bath bomb I can get and plop that in the tub. Doing a gentle face mask will also make you feel fresh and rejuvenated. Before going to sleep, maybe try reading a book you have been meaning to read or draw something. These are great stress relievers and will help you go to sleep easier. There are so many things you can do to destress and everyone is different. It is important to just give yourself time to relax and do what makes you happy.

I currently attend Marymount Manhattan College as a fourth-year senior where I am pursuing a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Dance with a double concentration in Choreography and Modern and a Bachelors of the Arts in Business with a concentration in Media & Arts Management. While at Marymount Manhattan College, I have choreographed new dance works for Dancers at Work and screenPLAY through the Dance Department. In my choreographic endeavors, I utilize an abstract, multidisciplinary method which reveals opportunities for further analysis, stimulates thought-provoking questions, and encourages societal change-making. I am interested in utilizing both my knowledge of Dance and Arts Management to create an interdisciplinary performance arts entity upon graduating from Marymount Manhattan College.