Comm Arts: Professor Liberman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Name: Corey Jay LibermanHometown: West Caldwell, NJAlma Mater: University of Delaware (undergraduate) and Rutgers University (graduate)

College Major/Minor: Communication (major) and theater (minor)Courses you teach: Interpersonal communication, Communication and identity, Principles and theories of communication, Small group communication, Organizational communication, Persuasion, Social networks, and Senior thesisPast Internships/Jobs: I used to work in promotional advertising and had internships in public relations, television production, and television editingBest memory at MMC: To be honest, and I know that this sounds somewhat “cheesy,” I have a new, best memory just about every day at Marymount Manhattan College. This is my dream job and I have dream students and every experience becomes a best memory for me.Advice for students: My advice is to put your best effort into everything that you do as both a student and as a professional. Also, I hear, too often, students say, during their final year of college, that they cannot wait to graduate. I would tell students to enjoy their college years because they go by extremely fast and there is no way to get them back once they are gone. Enjoy every moment of them and cherish the relationships that you create (both personally and professionally). These really are the best four years of your life.

Favorite part of the job as a Professor: My favorite part of being a professor is creating that “aha” moment in the mind of the student during class discussion. It is the ultimate pleasure for most of us because it is emblematic of learning and there really is no better thrill inside of the classroom than this.
FavesMovie: Good Will HuntingTV Show: The Big Bang TheoryBook: The Tipping PointSong: My Way by Frank Sinatra
Band: Goo Goo Dolls
Snack: Stacy’s Pita ChipsCelebrity Crush: Eliza DushkuMagazine: US WeeklyWebsite: www.espn.com
Sport: Football
Restaurant: Don Pepe (a Spanish restaurant in Newark, NJ)
Season of the Year: Fall and Winter…it is a tie
Food: Pizza…without question
Beverage: Dr. Brown’s Diet Black Cherry Soda
Pick One!Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt? Frozen YogurtStarbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Dunkin DonutsStay up late or wake up early? Stay up lateBrooklyn Nets or New York Knicks? New York Knicks
Yankees or METS? Mets
Giants or Jets? GiantsConcerts or Broadway Shows? Broadway showsUnion Square Park or Washington Square Park? Union Square ParkWalk or Subway? WalkThe Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire? Sopranos
Katie Gray

Marymount

Katie Gray. Marymount Manhattan College. Double Major: Communications & Media Arts and Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. Double Minor: Journalism and Fashion Studies. Personal Website: www.xoxokatiegray.com Social Media: @xoxokatiegray
Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside