This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Classes can be exhausting, and our schedules are not always perfectly adjusted. Honestly, you just need a real break from time to time! Trust me, your brain will thank you.

Check out the best spots around campus, and make the most out of your student ID!

Where to eat

JG Melon

1291 3rd Ave.

As you probably know, JG Melon has one of the best burgers in the city! Don’t miss out on them.

Lexington Club

1032 Lexington Ave.

Feeling fancy? Walk into the New York restaurant where Sinatra would be having dinner if it was 1960. Amazing steak and sides.

Alice’s Tea Cup, Chapter 2

156 E 64th St.

Best selection of teas and desserts, perfect for a quick hour break in between classes.

Hutch & Waldo

247 E 81st St.

Craving a good latte and an avocado toast? Check out this hip Australian place, great bites, and hearing the Aussie accent around doesn’t hurt either!

The Champagne Bar at The Plaza

768 5th Ave.

Lavish, luxe and timeless. Grab a cocktail any day at this fabulous spot, perfect scenery for that IG picture you’ve been waiting to take.

Lauderèe New York Madison

864 Madison Ave.

If you’re craving a good dose of sweets, this is the right place for you, or if you’re still trying to fulfill your Blair Waldorf fantasy.

Restaurants with student discount – 10% off

Jersey Mike’s

938 3rd. Ave.

Amazing subs, big plates!

Just Salad

One of the best salad place around Manhattan (Great Caesar!)

Paname

1068 2nd Ave.

Parisian atmosphere and great music!

Neil’s coffee shop

961  Lexington Ave.

Old school coffee shop/diner.

Things to do

The Frick Collection

1 E 70th St, New York, NY 10021

This is one of my favorite spots around the UES, only a few blocks away from school and it’s an absolutely beautiful intimate museum. Use your student ID and only pay $5 to get in.

A Second Chance Designer Resale

1111 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10075

Do a little retail therapy scouting for amazing designer pieces at this timeless UES store!

Central Park Model Boat Sailing

E 72nd St, New York, NY 10021

Want to relax and go back in time? Get a boat and get drifted sailing or people watching!

The Beekman Theater

1271 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10065

If you have enough time to go see a movie in between classes, why not? This is an old-school theater with great popcorn.

Sweat it out in between classes

Rumble UES

1495 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10028

Put the boxing gloves on and get a full body workout with the cool kids at Rumble Boxing.

Classes are $36

Barry Bootcamp UES

1216 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10065

Full body workout and burn nearly 900 calories in an hour!

First class is $25

SoulCycle E63

140 E 63rd St, New York, NY 10065

Break a sweat with a spinning class, simple and effective.

Classes are $32

Let me know what you think!

Tatiana Canessa

IG @taticanes

tcanessa@mmm.edu

Senior student at Marymount Manhattan College, passionate about digital marketing and new trends! Originally from Uruguay but living in the big apple, enjoying everything New York has to offer.
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com