5 Hacks to Being a Morning Person

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Like most people the dreaded noise of the alarm going off is just a constant reminder that you are not a morning person! However, after following these five easy steps I was able to become a morning person and now you will too!

The Night Before

1.) Lavender Oil

Anything lavender scented will help with soothing and calming the body before bed,whether it’s a candle, a spray or lotion. Personally, oil works best when it comes to have a restful sleep. Take about a dime size amount of oil, rub it in between your palms and inhale a few times. Take long and deep breathes. Before you know it, you’ll be Tip: Put some on the tip of your nose so that the scent continues to linger.

The Morning

2.) Don’t Snooze!

The ideal amount of sleep you want to get is between seven and eight hours; with school, work, clubs, a social life and the plethora of other things that are going on, this might not be everyones reality. When it does come time to wake up, no matter how much sleep you ended up getting, avoid hitting the snooze button, at all cost. It is better to get a deeper and longer sleep than being half asleep and setting several alarms that will be snoozed. It will be difficult at first, especially if you are an avid snoozer but if you are consistent your body will get used to the change.

3.) Hydrate

It is known that having eight glasses of water a day is important to stay hydrated. Your body has been sleeping for hours therefore making sure that you start your morning off with water will have you feeling refreshed. Either make the kitchen your first stop in the morning or have a bottle of water next to you and ready for when you wake up. (Preferably something closed so dust and other particles don’t get in your water overnight).

4.) Morning Mantra

Setting an attainable goal for everyday and putting it out there can have the power to make it into reality. It can be something as simple as “today will be a good day”. It might seem silly to repeat it out loud but I find that doing so makes it come true. You will start your day with having a positive mindset and something to look forward to throughout the day.

5.) Listen to Music

Create or find a playlist that you can jam to in the mornings, whether you want mellow music or hype music you can’t go wrong either way. Tip: Get some morning cardio in by having a dance party in your room.

These five easy steps are sure to make it just a little be easier when it’s time to wake up for work or class!