Spoon Csu-Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Brook Buchan / Spoon

The TikTok Cookies You Need To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Throughout quarantine, I used the extra time on my hands to hone my cooking skills and try out new recipes. Browsing TikTok for food videos became a fun hobby to pass the time while I was stuck inside. I tried lots of different recipes, but my favorite was by far the five ingredient peanut butter chocolate chip cookies originally posted by user @everdaychiffon on TikTok. I’m not the only one who became obsessed with these cookies, as the viral video has 3.1 million views with over 320,800 likes. This recipe has less than five ingredients, takes less than 15 minutes to make and is suitable for those who are gluten-free. This recipe is ideal for college students, as it contains ingredients that you probably already have in your apartment. Baking these with your roommates can be a fun, COVID-safe activity. Not only will making these help pass the time, but they are a tasty treat that is healthier and easier to make than most cookie recipes.

5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:

1 Cup Brown Sugar

1 Cup Peanut Butter

1 Large Egg

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

½ Cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Mix together, divide into 12 balls on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes (yes, it is really that easy).

I'm a journalism student with an emphasis in strategic communication at the University of Missouri. When not writing articles for Her Campus, my hobbies include playing ultimate frisbee and listening to Lil Uzi Vert.
Jordan Thornsberry is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, studying magazine journalism. In her free time, Jordan likes to travel, read and catch up on the latest celebrity drama. You can find more of her writing at jordantberry.com and on social media at @jordantberry.