This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The leaves are starting to turn orange, the wind is picking up and temperatures are dropping in Columbia, Mo. With a little over one month left before Winter Break, now is the perfect time for a November road trip with your friends. These five road trips for five different budgets are going to leave you reinvigorated and ready to give your all in your classes on Monday. 

1. St. Charles, Mo.

Are you wanting to get the city feel, but are tired of going to St. Louis or Kansas City, Mo., over and over again? St. Charles might just be the perfect middle-ground for you. You can shop at local businesses on the historic Main Street, visit a museum and eat at one of the many restaurants the town has to offer. 

Budget: $$$ 

Driving time from Columbia: One hour and 40 minutes.

2. Hermann Wine Trail (21 and over)

Just an hour away from Columbia is the official wine country of Missouri. With seven wineries in and around Hermann, Mo., plus beautiful trails and views to enjoy while sipping on a sauvignon blanc, you and your friends will have plenty to explore.

Budget: $$

Driving time from Columbia: One hour.

3. Nashville, Tenn.

Up for a longer trip? Then Nashville should definitely be on top of your list, especially if you’re a country fan. Walk around the city, visit the Parthenon and check out one of the many local bars and restaurants. You’ll often find local artists playing live shows, so make sure to pack your dancing boots. 

Budget: $$$$

Driving time from Columbia: Six hours and 30 minutes.

4. Taum Sauk Mountain State Park

Up for a weekend adventure? Start your day early and drive down to Taum Sauk Mountain to hike up to the highest peak in Missouri. The park stretches across 7,500 acres and has plenty of trails to pick from, suitable for both experienced and beginner hikers. Too tired to drive back to campus at the end of the day? The state park has a 12-site campground where you can spend the night.

Budget: $

Driving time from Columbia: Three hours and 30 minutes.

5. Toronto

If you’ve been craving an international trip, then Toronto might just be your best pick. Located just by the U.S.-Canada border, it’s only a 13-hour drive from Columbia. Pack your bags and get your friends for the ultimate girls trip. What better way to spend the first weekend of Thanksgiving break than exploring a new city, taking pictures and trying the famous Canadian delicacy, poutine

Budget: $$$$$

Driving time from Columbia: 13 hours and 20 minutes.

Mara Dumitru

Mizzou '24

Mara Dumitru is a magazine journalism student from San Fransisco, CA. You can find her enjoying an iced coffee and a good book on Mizzou's quad during her free time.