This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re like me, then you’re constantly refreshing Netflix and hoping something new would pop up by some sort of miracle. But no need to fear! Even though I’m still upset over this ongoing One Day at a Time ridiculousness, Netflix is pulling through on some fronts. Say goodbye to the rainy April blues, and settle in for some binge-watching. 

Unicorn Store (Movie)

This is Brie Larson’s directoral debut, and I am super excited to sit down and give it a watch! Unicorn store is an ode to creativity and freedom of expression, something we often lose when we become adults. And, as a bonus, we get more of Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson’s hilarious buddy-comedy chemistry (something we couldn’t get enough of in Captain Marvel)

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Season 2)

I’ve been waiting for this continuation basically since the day CAoS first came out last fall. This show has been compared to Riverdale since they’re set in the same universe, but the two shows couldn’t be more different in quality: CAoS’s tone is much more evenly spooky, and the characters have defined, complex personalities, arcs and relationships with one another. Last season specifically left us on a major cliffhanger regarding Sabrina and her adorable boyfriend Harvey’s future, which is something I am dying to explore in these new episodes. Additionally, I love Sabrina’s cousin Ambrose, and I’m intrigued to see where his storyline will go now that he’s (SPOILER) gotten involved with Luke, one of Lord Blackwood’s fanboys. I’m one episode into this new season, and I am loving it! I am especially invested in the storyline of one of Sabrina’s best friends, who we saw starting to explore their gender identity. Representation and witches are my two favorite things, after all! 

Our Planet (Season 1) 

If you’re a fan of Planet Earth, then this is the perfect show for you! I love putting on nature documentaries when I’m trying to write a paper or finish up assignments late at night because the narration and beautiful scenery keeps me awake but the subject matter and soothing soundtracks help me stay calm and focused. Much like Planet Earth, Our Planet is divided into a small group of episodes that focus on different habitats (desert, oceans, etc.)

We’ve got plenty of new Netflix material to keep us busy! I plan on keeping our readers updated to the new stuff I’m excited about because April is such a busy month for Netflix; it’s planning on rolling out more original content all month long, including the (personally) long-awaited second season of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Happy bingeing, people! 

CC for Mizzou's chapter of Her Campus! I am currently a senior at the Missouri School of Journalism, specializing in magazine editing. Have a wonderful day, you!