Mizzou’s Campus: Where to Eat When You Have an 8 a.m.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As you’re running out the door trying to get to your class on time, you may forget to make yourself breakfast or grab a snack on your way out. And as you are heading to your early morning class, your stomach may growl and you know you’re going to need something to eat in order to make it through the day. Below are some options to keep in mind before starting your day, especially if you’re headed to an 8 a.m. class.

Breakfast on campus:

Kate and Emma’s

Source

Kate and Emma’s is located right in the student center. They advertise a $5 deal that includes sausage, biscuits, and gravy with tater rounds and a beverage starting at 10 a.m.

Accepts: tiger plan, tiger cash and cash/card

Emporium Cafe

Source

Located next to Plaza 900, Emporium offers breakfast sandwiches, build your own parfaits, scones, bagels, croissants and cinnamon rolls. They also have coffee and smoothies to start your day off right. Opens at 7 a.m. M-F.

Accepts: dining plans, tiger plan, tiger cash and cash/card

The Mark on 5th Street

Source

Attached to the Mark Twain dormitory is The Mark on 5th Street. They open at 7:15 a.m. M-F and provide an “a la carte” selection for breakfast.

Accepts: dining plans, tiger plan, tiger cash, and cash/card

J Cafe

Source

The J Cafe opens at 8 a.m. M-F and is located inside the Reynolds Journalism Institute. They offer variety of breakfast sandwiches, a breakfast burrito and a BT&E (bacon, turkey and egg) sandwich.

Catalyst Cafe

Source

Located next to the Physics building is the Catalyst Cafe which opens at 8 a.m. M-F. Food includes breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burrito and bagels with cream cheese.

Potential Energy Cafe

Source 

Located inside Laffere Hall, the Potential Energy Cafe opens at 8 a.m. M-F. The menu includes breakfast sandwiches and coffee.

Infusion

Source

Infusion opens at 7:15 a.m. M-F and is located inside the student center. They offer freshly made pastries, doughnuts, seasonal fruits, coffee, orange juice and smoothies.

Accepts: tiger plan, tiger cash or cash/card

Bookmark Cafe

Source

The Bookmark Cafe opens at 7:30 a.m. and is located on the lower level of the Ellis Library. They sell coffee, smoothies, bagels, doughnuts, and fruit cups along with other treats.

Starbucks

Source

Doesn’t everyone love Starbucks? There are two locations on campus, one at Southwest and one at Memorial Union. They open at 7 a.m. and provide coffee, tea and assorted pastries.

Breakfast off campus:

Source

B&B Bagel Company is on Nifong Boulevard (less than 3 miles off of campus) and opens at 6 a.m.

Link to menu

Source

Cafe Poland is located downtown on Locust Street and opens at 7 a.m. They serve a variety of delicious crepes.

Source

On South 4th Street (less than 1 mile off of campus) you can find the Broadway Diner which is open 24 hours.

Link to menu 

Source

Range Free (Gluten Free Restaurant) can be found on Orr Street (less than 1 mile off of campus) which opens at 8 a.m.

Link to menu

Source

Another place you might try is the Upper Crust Bakery on Elm Street (less than a mile off of campus) which opens at 7 a.m.

Link to menu 

Source

Last, but not least, the Nourish Cafe and Market is located off of East Broadway (less than 1 mile off of campus) and opens at 7:30 a.m.

Link to menu

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou