This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As a college student living in her own apartment this year, I have realized that I hate grocery shopping. Figuring out ingredients for meals is difficult, and all I want to do is come home and cook instead of trying to see what left over produce I have in my fridge. I decided that my safest bet was trying out a Hello Fresh box to see if they were truly living up to the hype.

I have had family members and friends tell me about their times using the box, so it was time I tried it myself.

Getting signed up was easy, plus I got a 20 dollar discount for being a first-time customer. My box of three meals for two people came out to 40 dollars in total. The full price is around 60. I will say that it is expensive for some to use Hello Fresh, so my recommendation would be to try out a cheaper meal delivery services like Every Plate.

I would consider myself a fairly good chef, which made the recipes easy to follow. For the week, I choose coconut chicken curry, mozzarella burgers with potato wedges, and breaded pork chops with green beans. For those unfamiliar with Hello Fresh, everything you need comes in the box and is already preportioned ready to throw in the pan. This is my favorite part of the box because cooking for two can be difficult when going to the grocery store.

All of the meals took around 30-40 minutes, so if you are in a time crunch, these boxes would not be an easy solution for you. Personally, I have been staying home a lot more because of coronavirus. It gives me a lot more time to cook for myself. All the recipes that I tried came out delicious and were portioned the perfect amount for two people. There were no leftovers to eat tomorrow, but I am not the biggest leftover fan.

Overall, I would rate my Hello Fresh experience an 8/10. I believe the boxes made my life easier and without the hassle of coming up with more dinner plans than I already have to. However, I think the meals are slightly overpriced for the ingredients you receive, and the time it takes to make can seem lengthy.

Katie Quinn

Mizzou '23

Hi! My name is Katie Quinn and I am a sophmore journalism student at Mizzou. I love to write, edit audio, and take pictures in my free time. I love to watch any and all reality tv, so if you ever want to talk about the Bachelor please let me know!
HC Contributer Mizzou