Gossip Girl Reboot to Premiere in July: Here’s Everything We Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The last time we heard from Gossip Girl was when Dan Humphrey revealed himself as the anonymous gossip blogger. Flash forward to almost a decade later, there’s a new generation of elite at Constance Billard with the infamous blogger making a return via Instagram. The first trailer for the Gossip Girl reboot just dropped to give fans of the iconic series a glimpse of what to expect.

Returning as the voice of the notorious “Gossip Girl” herself, Kristen Bell is heard giving her iconic line, “xoxo Gossip Girl.” It appears Gossip Girl is the only resemblance of the original series as new characters, love interests and story lines make up the reboot about Manhattan’s elite. In the trailer, Frank Ocean’s “Super Rich Kids” plays over while we get a glimpse of a new girl (reminiscent of lonely boy), love triangles and social media scandals.

Compared to the original series, the reboot has increased their racial diversity and implemented more LGBTQ+ storylines. Emily Alyn Lind, who plays Audrey and happens to be in a long-term relationship with Aki (another lead character), described the reboot as, “A new take on it, a different time. It’s not a reboot, it’s a continuation, so we have an entirely new story.” Some of the other characters include Julien, described as a “teen influencer,” Max, the flirt that likes to party and Obie, a “rich do-gooder.”

You can watch the premiere of the Gossip Girl reboot on HBO Max on July 8th.

Hi! My name’s Makenna and I’m currently studying textile and apparel management at Mizzou. I am interested in ethical fashion, sustainability, and traveling.