8 Must-Follow Body-Positive Influencers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Growing up in the age of the internet has exposed a generation of young girls to a million different voices in the fashion and beauty sphere. Gone are the days of supermodels being the only representation of what it means to be beautiful. Despite this new wave of different voices, it can still feel that there is only one acceptable body type. 

Like many girls my age, I found myself consumed in a bubble of influencers who not only didn’t look like me but also didn’t make me feel good in my skin. When the only people you follow look a specific way, you begin to feel that your differences are flaws.

We only have so many summers to wear cute bikinis. There’s a finite amount of themed parties we can attend.  Life cannot begin and end with the number on the scale or the tag in your jeans. 

This is, of course, easier said than done. Becoming confident in your body and who you are is not something that happens by accident and it certainly does not happen overnight. From one girl who is trying to stop body checking in every mirror to another, I implore you to seek out voices and bodies that make you feel good. Seek out representation that reflects the world we live in. 

Here are my top eight body-positive influencers who are shaping the conversation around the way we talk about our bodies.

Remi Bader

Remi Bader rose to fame on TikTok with her series of “realistic hauls.” In her videos, Bader tries on a series of clothing from a retailer and shows the failures along with the successes. Bader’s content is an excellent reminder that it’s normal to try on clothes and need to size up or down. She takes the admittedly not great feeling of something not fitting and laughs it off. Her inner theater kid comes out and she’ll sing and dance around in a comically small skirt. She is an excellent reminder that clothing shopping doesn’t have to be so serious. Sometimes, clothes just don’t fit and that’s okay.

Sierra Schultzzie

Sierra Schultzzie has documented her confidence journey for the past six years on her YouTube channel and Instagram. Schultzzie has an effortless positivity that shines through on her social media. Her ability to be open and honest about the ebbs and flows of confidence is a great example that body positivity is not a linear journey. 

TifFany Ima

Tiffany Ima describes her content as “teaching you to ditch body shame and feel at home in the body you have right now.”

Ima’s Instagram content features affirmations and reminders to respect the body you live in. Tiffany champions the idea of “body neutrality”: the idea that you do not need to think either positively or negatively about your body. The goal of body neutrality is to navigate the world without thinking about your body at all. Ima’s content also focuses on exercising for fun and not as a form of punishment.

Nataliemeansnice

Natalie is a plus-size fashion content creator on Instagram and YouTube who is unapologetically herself. Natalie uses her platform to advocate for a more inclusive world for people with plus-size bodies. Her hashtag #fatgirlworldtour has encouraged hundreds of people of all sizes to travel regardless of their size. She does not let society’s fatphobia stop her from living a beautiful life or wearing incredibly stylish clothes.

Abbey Sharp

Abbey Sharp describes herself as a “BS busting dietitian” who uses her education to help people unlearn disordered eating habits. Sharp provides an expert’s perspective on toxic eating trends that go viral on the internet. From skinny teas to fad diets, Sharp isn’t afraid to call a spade a spade. She uses her platform to educate people that you can fuel your body while still enjoying foods you love. Her content is an excellent reminder that carbs are fuel and dessert isn’t something you need to earn.

Jessamyn Stanley

Jessamyn Stanley is a body-positive influencer, yoga instructor and author whose content focuses on making yoga more inclusive. Her books, Yoke and Every Body Yoga use yoga to discuss the broader topic of body acceptance.  Stanley is a breath of fresh air in the exercise influencer community. Her work to make movement accessible to all is not only admirable but necessary in a space that often only highlights thinness as a reason to exercise.

Carrie Dayton

Carrie Dayton is the big sister you always wanted. Dayton’s content revolves around inclusive, sustainable fashion. Her commitment to being an ethical consumer is needed in an industry obsessed with over-consumption. From thrifting to shopping your own closet, Dayton makes being fashionable accessible to all.

Jaimmy Koroma

Jaimmy Koroma’s Instagram is a bright light on the platform. Koroma’s content focuses on living a full life in your current body.  Most notably, Koroma post a series of reels on her Instagram page wearing outfits she’s found on Pinterest boards called “Things I’ll wear when I’m skinny.” She illustrates that you don’t need to be a certain size to wear trendy clothing. Koroma isn’t waiting to live a full life and reminds her followers they shouldn’t either.

It’s easy to become stuck in an echo chamber of diet culture. The internet is vast and for every person influencing you to love your body, there are 10 people saying how you should change it. This list is not the end-all-be-all of body-positive influencers. Your social media is your space. We may not be able to decide what society uplifts and decides is beautiful. We are, however, able to choose who we allow to influence us in our own personal corner of the internet. Choose wisely.

Jordan Smith

Mizzou '25

Jordan Smith is a freshman journalism student at the University of Missouri. She is a lover of Taylor Swift, a good book, and overpriced iced coffee.